Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Diapers, Diapers, Diapers!!


What a special, thoughtful group of church friends we have!!  The youth leadership staff and team decided to selflessly bless us and another couple friend of ours with a diaper shower this past Sunday!  My parents were already in town last weekend, so I'm really glad they were able to come and meet everyone.  NEVER have I seen so many diapers and wipes!  Stan and I, being the cool people that we are (not), counted up the individual diapers and divided the number by weeks to conclude that our new stash should accommodate Anniston for more than half a year in all!!!  Wow!!  I know we can't even comprehend right now exactly how much of a blessing this is, but we can definitlely imagine!  THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO GAVE!!!  (**And an extra special shout-out to the amazing youth staff who planned this event!!**)


The best part of the shower was when everyone gathered around Stan and I and our sweet friends, Jeff and Paige (who just had a precious little girl, Addison!) to pray for us as we enter this new stage in life.  I LOVE our church family!

**Just wanted to also say a thank you to you all again for all of your prayers for us and Anniston.  We never imagined being on so many different prayer lists at so many different churches.  We have seen what it means to truly carry each other's burdens through your example!  Hope you're having a great week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think that diapers could be so exciting?! What a fun shower of blessings!

Again, I am so glad to put a name with some really sweet faces. I am excited to get to know you two... and soon THREE!!!

I hope you guys are having a great week.

Christi Cave

Judith said...

Oh, Lindsey, I am so glad that you, Stan, and Anniston have such a generous church family -- that really is a wonderful blessing. Kyle and I are praying for you and your growing family, and I am enjoying seeing God's blessings overflow in your life. =)

"GG"s Journal said...

Dad and I are so thankful for your church family and ALL they do for you and Stan! We truly enjoyed the service and diaper shower. What a great group of friends! :)

Love,
Mom "GG"

Carey said...

Diapers are so great!! Let me tell you that if those really do last 6 months then you just saved a ton of money! :) Just wondering how many diapers did yall figure per day? B/c it will probably be more! I never realized how fast you go through them. So glad you have a loving church family that is bearing your burdens with you! Fellowship is priceless!

Brooklyn said...

Wow! It seems like just yesterday we were all getting excited about dishes and house decor for our wedding showers!! It's crazy and exciting to see all those diapers!!!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I went to high school with Stan and randomly found this blog in the blogosphere. I am praying for that sweet baby girl- thanks for sharing your experiences and testimony of God's goodness regardless of circumstances!

Camille (Conville) Jennings