Friday, February 13, 2009

Update

Hi Everyone!  The past two days have been kind of a whirlwind.  For those of you who do not know, we found out yesterday that Anniston may need to have heart surgery after being born. We've had our up and down moments, but we KNOW that God is in control, and He has a plan in all of this.  I promise I will give you more updates and details next week, but for now, I just want to ask you all to be praying for a miracle and that ultimately God will be glorified in our lives.  We have already seen so many positive repercussions from hearing this news, and it has been so awesome to feel completely dependent on the Lord and humbled by His power.  Like Stan said yesterday, God has already done 50 million perfect things in Anniston's body, and for those blessings, we are so incredibly grateful!  Tuesday, we will go back to Jackson for another ultrasound, so please be praying that her heart will be whole!  Thank you for the words of encouragement and prayers that we have already received.

A month ago, Stan decided to surprise me with a weekend trip to Aspen, CO for our last trip together before the baby comes, so we actually just arrived in Colorado today!  God knew that today was the exact day that we needed to arrive here, and we are having such a fun, relaxing time.  It's been so beneficial for us to get away and re-focus on what truly matters.  I thought I'd post some pics of the gorgeous day we have had...oh, and don't worry, I'm not skiing!!



Sun setting over Aspen Mountain



Can you tell we woke up at 2am this morning?!  ha



Icicles that could probably do some serious damage :).



Chillin.....literally.



The snow is about 2 feet deep, and we're expecting at least another foot tonight!



Roaring Fork River



Just thought this was funny...must be waiting on a spring thaw to begin biking.

Love you guys!

9 comments:

Jan Martin said...

Stan and Lindsey, we are so glad that you are having a relaxing trip! God knows just what we need and He takes care of every detail! His love is so amazing! We love ya'll. Mom, Dad, Meg, & Bryan

"GG"s Journal said...

Love the pictures! We're so glad you have this time together. Can't wait to see you next week!
Oh, and where is a picture of your belly??? :)

Love & Prayers,
Mom & Dad

The Barhams said...

Stan and Lindsey,
We are definitely praying for you and Anniston. A miracle occurred when God created her, and I am sure there are more to come! God has amazing plans for this little girl, and we cannot wait to see what those are! Have fun in Aspen!
Love,
Adam and Natalie

WoodardFamily said...

We are thinking about you and praying for you both and baby Anniston.

Love,
Elizabeth

Shellie Tomlinson said...

Lindsey, I am praying for your sweet Anniston. I can hear the faith in your post and I thank you for it. (Oh, and I enjoyed the belly shot!)

Christina Albritton said...

Linds! I enjoy reading your blogs SO much! You make my heart happy! You unshakeable faith is such an example and encouragement to me right now. We are praying for precious Anniston!! Miss and love you!

Christina ALBRITTON!!!!

JScallan said...

Hi Lindsey! Brooklyn told me that you are going to be adding a sweet little baby to your family. Being a mom is one of the best experiences of my life. I know that you are going to be fabulous!! I also wanted you to know that I added your family to our prayer list at church. God is in control...just keep faith in Him.

Christopher said...

Lindsey and Stan, Janna Young just told me about you guys and directed me to your blog. I cried reading the beginning of this post remembering how i felt when I heard the news that my son needed heart surgery. It's a very scary thing but Robert is doing so well now, and I'd love to share my story and some encouragement with you. Janna said that she'd pass my info along to you. Please email or call if you'd like with any questions or just to hear my story. Many prayers for you and Annison.

Rashell Meredith

Christopher said...

PS. Sorry for misspelling Anniston's name.