Monday, February 9, 2009

We have decided!

Yes, Anniston Claire Martin is the name that we have completely fallen in love with!  We wanted something different but not too out there, and this name just hit the spot!  I remember the first time I heard Anniston used as a first name...It was this past Christmas season, and we were visiting with Stan's Grandparents.  The dialogue turned to distant family members, and Stan's Granddad said something about a certain Anniston.  I could not tell you the details of that conversation because as soon as the name hit my ears, all I could think was "that's it!"  When I mentioned Anniston to Stan later that day, he felt exactly the same way I did about this sweet, irreplaceable girl name.  There it was, set in stone.  The next month and a half was spent pouring over boy names knowing that a boy was almost guaranteed when the girl name came so easily, ha.  Somehow, it seems this chapter of choosing a name was meant to be easy :).

6 comments:

"GG"s Journal said...

"Baby Girl" was the name I used while looking at the ultrasound video and picture of my first grandchild. "That a baby girl, roll over and turn" "You are precious baby girl"... "Look at those precious little toes on you baby girl". Her name, in my heart, became "Baby Girl". When you called this morning, Lindsey, and told me you and Stan had the name, for sure, my thoughts were on how could I call that video anything but "baby girl". Then I heard Anniston Claire and the fit was perfect. I love you Lindsey, Stan and Anniston! What a beautiful family. I pray a wonderful life for all of you. Love, Mom "GG"

Babs Barham said...

Stan and Lindsey,

Congratulations. I am glad to hear it's a girl. I can't wait to meet her. Has she already wrapped her daddy around her little finger?

Carey said...

Anniston Claire--We LOVE it!!! Stan, Phillip said to tell you that little girls will melt your heart! Hope to see you soon.

"GG"s Journal said...

Anniston,

GG's praying for you!

All my love sweet baby girl!

Lauren Hearn said...

Lindsey and Anniston... I am praying for you and we know that God is in control and will protect and heal! I love yall!!

Anonymous said...

WE Love all 3 of you and know that we are praying for God's blessing upon Anniston and you both. Love and Pat and Uncle Gary