Saturday, March 28, 2009

Third Day



     I forgot to mention the other day that Mac Powell from Third Day led worship at our church last Sunday!!  It was INCREDIBLE.  He was so humble and just wanted to facilitate our worship in order to bring God praise instead of bringing attention to himself...really cool.  When he got up on the stage and started speaking, Stan and I just looked at each other wide-eyed because his deep voice, even when he's just talking, is so pure and beautiful.  Seriously, he could read us bed-time stories every night, and we would be living the life.  

Have you ever felt like God was speaking directly to you and you alone?  I felt that way last Sunday.  (Don't get me wrong, I know God was addressing everyone who wanted to hear from Him, it just felt like I was in a room all by myself as God whispered just to me...and Stan...and Anniston.)  Mac Powell kept saying things about how God is the same God He was 2,000 years ago and that He's still doing miracles such as healing today.  Then, at the end of the service, He said those things again and then continued by saying that it is through the powerful name of Jesus that those wonders happen.  This is the part where it was just me and God:  Mac asked us all to just start singing the name "Jesus, Jesus...."  I cannot describe how amazing that moment was for me.  When we left church, Stan and I were both like: "Do you think God just healed Anniston?!"  Just wanted to share that with you guys...

Oh, and thank you for praying for the requests I mentioned the other day.  You can read the comments from that post to see that God has already answered so many of them!  He is SO good!!

Well, I'm about to have a semi-non-productive Saturday consisting of RESTING and maybe doing a little errand-running (aka: shopping)!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word for this post and the way God moved you guys (us too)

AWESOME!!!!

God showed up and showed out, didn't he?

What a HUGE blessing!!!!

Have a great Saturday!

Thanks again for the prayers! Still praying for you guys!

love, christi

"GG"s Journal said...

How wonderful is the still small voice of God speaking to your spirit. I love those moments too!
Also, I loved reading your posts and believing with you in prayer for all the special needs. Yeah! 28weeks... The day is almost here when we meet our beautiful Anniston! Have a blessed weekend!

Love You!
mom "GG"

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Amen, friend. I totally believe that God still heals and I wait expectantly with y'all!!!

Judith said...

Wow, I wish I could have been at that service! I can't wait to hear how your appointment went!

Kyle and I visited Hattiesburg Monday -- eek! Well, USM, really, so I could get advised for the program. Yea!

Still praying for you, Stan, and Anniston! God will heal your baby girl.