Saturday, April 25, 2009

Appointment Update



Once again sleep eludes me, so I figured I would let you know how our appointment went yesterday since I've been meaning to do so anyway!  (And, don't worry about me because my sleeping is not so great.  It's not that I'm uncomfortable or in misery; it's simply that when I wake up to go to the restroom, I just cannot always seem to fall back into my former peaceful slumber.  Oh well, I guess God's preparing me for something?? :))  Okay, back to the appointment.  It went so well, and once again, there is much to be grateful for!  Anniston is measuring right on target in every area...Praise God!  The doctors did seem to think that they saw what concerned them from the beginning, but they also said that because her bones are more dense now that it's later in pregnancy, it's harder to see, and there are many shadows being cast on the image.  Her heart is still SYMMETRICAL, so that is such a blessing!  They basically said that they will have to take a look at Anniston when she is born to know if the same issues are there that they saw during all of the previous appointments.  

SPEAKING OF "WHEN SHE IS BORN"...they told me that they want to INDUCE labor in Jackson somewhere around the 1ST OR 2ND OF JUNE!  I knew all along that an induction was most likely the route we would be advised to take, but I was still a little bit disappointed selfishly that I couldn't just wait until Anniston tells us she is ready (or at least closer to her due date)!  I'm over that now, and I am comforted to know that God has a plan!  I will be about 37 1/2 weeks, and that is considered full-term, so we are trusting that all will be well no matter what happens with this sometimes moody process called labor!

**We're not giving up our prayer for Anniston's healing and our belief that she is healed!  We would not give up on that prayer, even at the bitter end, because we know this is how God has called us to pray!**

6 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

June is not far away!!! Excited for you friend!!

Carey said...

Yay!!! So glad that Anniston is good and you are too!! PTL-She is healed! I'm marking my calender now...We will be in Vicksburg on the 2nd so Jacksons just a few more miles down the road :)
Happy belated Birthdday girl!

Emery Wilkerson said...

Anniston will be here before you know it!! June 3rd would be a great day for induction... My birthday! :-) Awesome that her heart is still symmetrical!! Continuing to pray for the 3 of you!

"GG"s Journal said...

I love you! You wrote such a beautiful update regarding Anniston and yourself. Also, the weekend with you and Stan was great! May you have MANY more wonderful birthdays! We are SO EXCITED about the arrival of sweet Anniston! We praise God for the miracle of her life!

Love You,
mom "GG"

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you, Stan and Anniston!

June is SO VERY close!!!! WOW!

Ummmm,happy birthday.... when was it? Ha! I was hoping to see you guys at the meeting yesterday. Sorry we didn't but it looks like you guys were out of town and that sounds lovely!

Have a great Monday!

Christi

WoodardFamily said...

Wow!! So exciting to have a date!!! That is a great feeling when you are close to the end of your pregnancy!!