Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April Showers


Last weekend was a blast!  Exhausting, yes, but so much fun!!  We had a couple of showers in Louisiana, one in my hometown of West Monroe and another in Stan's hometown of Ruston.  It was overwhelming to look around and see just how many amazing people care about us and baby Anniston...we are so blessed!!  Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to give us these memorable showers, and thank you to everyone who travelled from near and far to make these events extra-special!  Just wanted to share a few pics:


West Monroe Shower!
The food was delicious, and we had a great time playing a
baby name game as well as a game where everyone had to
guess how big around my stomach is!


My mom gave Anniston her "coming home outfit."  
Isn't it cute and sweet?  It has an "A" on it!


Speaking of traveling from afar...my accountability group
from college (made up of some of the sweetest, greatest friends
 ever!) were able to make the trip for our shower!


Mrs. Jan and Meg (Stan's mom and sister) along with me and my mom, Judy.

Hostesses!  (And a lovely side-view of me at 29 weeks, ha)


Ruston Shower!  
(Note the pretty cake in the shape of a gown 
with Anniston's initials at the top...sooo cute!)
Once again...deliciously tasty food and a great time!!

I guess a great time I was having because I forgot to get 
a pic with the wonderful hostesses from this shower :(.
They did a fantastic job of making everything super-special!


Catching up with everyone...


My other sweet friend/roommate/accountabiltiy partner
from college, Carey, came and brought her precious Emerson!


Some of the loot!  We love everything!!

5 comments:

The Albritton's said...

Oh Friend! I wish I would have known you were in Ruston this weekend! SO WAS I! I updated the blog with test results just a minute ago! I need your address! Love you Friend!

Kristen T said...

SO glad I got to see you! You look great!
PS. I think you did some editing to that photo..and I thank you! :) love you!!

WoodardFamily said...

You look so cute! So glad you had fun showers!! Wish we could have been there.

Carey said...

We had soo much fun seeing you this weekend! I'm glad your showers were good. Happy 30 weeks!
We are expecting Jessica to have Grant anytime now! Just thought I'd let you know.
luv you!

Anonymous said...

You and I have never met, but I know Phillip and Carey Tomlinson from Lake Providence. Believe it or not, I used to baby-sit Phillip and his sister! Anyway, my husband and I also went to La Tech and we live in Hattiesburg. My husband leads worship at The Church on Main in Columbia. We are believing with you for you precious daughter's healing.

Christy McMurrian