Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter!!



I am not certain if you could potentially classify this new infatuation of mine as “nesting”, but I must say that I am LOVING sugar cookies!  Okay, so maybe it’s what you would be more likely to call a craving, ha.

So, to celebrate Easter, and in honor of the sugar test that I took and hopefully passed yesterday, I have decided to share this recipe with you guys!  **Disclaimer:  None of the credit for these sugar cookies can be given to me because allrecipes.com makes cooking and baking so incredibly simple while causing you to look June Cleaver-like, as if you’ve been slaving away over a steaming hot oven while still managing to glow in your pearls and pumps.  (So, maybe it doesn't make me look that way, but I'm sure you will.)**

Instead of typing the entire recipe for both the cookies and the glaze, I have decided to just give you the links :).

For the Sugar Cookies, click here.  I would definitely recommend chilling the dough for at least 2 hours before rolling if you have time. 

For the Glaze, click here.  I made the mistake of adding a little too much milk, and the icing did not harden as much as I would have liked.  Don’t do that :).  Also, this glaze recipe doesn't make much, so you might want to double or even triple each ingredient.


I still was able to stack the cookies, and if you don’t add as much milk, you should be able to stack and wrap them without smudging to deliver to friends!  OR, you can just hoard them for yourself and not mention to anyone that you have these yummies in a stash all to yourself.  (Okay, so I guess it’s nicer to share, but the latter option was beginning to sound pretty ideal for a second.)

****
I don’t know about you, but I often go through Easter weekend without really spending the time that I need to reflect on Jesus and what He has done for all of us.  I am committing to make this year different:  to not get caught up in all of the festivities and cookies :), but to truly get back to the basics.

For all of us, I pray today “that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith—that we, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that we may be filled with all the fullness of God.” (Ephesians 3:17-19)

Have a beautiful Easter Weekend!!

10 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Happy Easter to you three! Those cookies look incredible.

Emery Wilkerson said...

I am impressed!! Those cookies look like they are from a bakery!!
I had my sugar test yesterday, too!!! So praying that we both passed that one! :-) Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Girl, those are PRECIOUS cookies! I am really impressed!

I have been trying to focus on the significance of this event, myself. I have been trying to be creative in reminding my children of it's significance too.
Wow, mind boggling event!!!!

I cannot believe i have not laid eyes on you since the meeting weeks ago! I would love to see you and your baby bump and give you a big hug!

Continued prayers,

Christi

Brooklyn said...

You are never going to believe this, but I did the SAME thing last night using the SAME recipe for the sugar cookies!!!! I followed a different recipe for icing; however, I didn't decorate mine near as CUTE as you did!!! Great minds think alike:)

Kristen T said...

OK, I am coming to H-burg to get one of those cookies! They look awesome! And then I may swing up to N-ville to get one of Brooklyn's. ha!

Carey said...

Ok Tech girls must think alike b/c I have been eating sugar cookies like crazy!!! Due in part b/c chocolate doesn't sit well with miss E and we all know I have a big sweet tooth!
But since you shared, I guess I'll just have to try this recipe too :)

I am so with you on reflecting on the reason of this fun holiday!
Jesus didn't just happen to come to earth, just to see what things were like--He came with a purpose and the sole purpose for his death was REDEMPTION!
I love 1 Peter 1:18-21 where it says
"18For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God."
So let us live as we have be redeemed from an empty way of life!

Amanda said...

Your cookies look cuter than the ones in the recipe! I think I may try some tomorrow! Love the way you packaged them, too!

"GG"s Journal said...

Lindsey,

You make a mother so proud! I love your heart and "sweet" spirit... your spirit is even sweeter than your sugar cookies I know!:) The cookies look delicious and beautiful! How can a grandmother compete with those cookies! I pray your Easter was a blessed day as you reflected on our wonderful Savior. I love you three!

Mom "GG"

Cindy Johns said...

Lindsey the cookies look scrumptious. I will definitely have to try that recipe. I don't like sugar cookies myself, but Uncle Klint wanted to make Easter cookies for Kaylee and those would have been fun. We'll just have to make cookies the next weekend they are both here!!! Glad things are going well with you and the baby.

Cindy

Maris said...

Beautiful cookies! I volunteer with a nonprofit that decorates cookies and donates them to local shelters and agencies - I love to decorate cookies!