Sunday, May 24, 2009

current craving


For some reason, I typically have this silly, deep desire in me to do things in the most difficult manner possible, particularly when it comes to cooking and baking, BUT miraculously lately, it is the simple staples that are catching my eye.  Maybe mom-mode is kicking in, or maybe it's just the fact that I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant, and I do not want to be standing up in a hot kitchen while subjecting my stomach and Anniston to the dangers of the intense heat of a skillet that just so happens to be at belly height :)  (flashback of the iron).

So, tonight, we're having spinach and tomato pizza.  Why?  Because we have these ingredients in the fridge.  It's just a roll/can of pizza dough brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with red pepper, and topped with your usual.  Well, you might not usually put a handful of spinach and sliced tomatoes on your pie, but I'm here to say:  "you should."
 
Stan and I have been able to each make two meals out of this "recipe".  If you've never had spinach and tomato pizza, please trust me and try it...hope you all have a great holiday tomorrow!  Thank you to all who serve and who have served our country!  I know that my mind cannot even begin to comprehend just how much I should be grateful.

6 comments:

"GG"s Journal said...

WOW! I was about to have some soup! Your dinner looks far better than mine! I'll have to make that one day soon... Well, I better get back to my bowl of canned low calorie and low sodium soup. Yuck... :( I know that didn't sound very thankful for what I have. I'll need to repent and bless this mess. oopps, I mean my nourishing soup. :)

Love mom,
GG"
(I hope you think of me while eating your beautiful dinner.)

Anonymous said...

I happen to be working on a very detailed "summer" grocery list and I am putting that on it NOW! YUMMY!
My kids will LOVE LOVE LOVE this and I will love giving it to them!

Thanks!

Happy 37 weeks to you!

Christi

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
Love the blog! And by the way, that's our favorite "make your own" pizza from Bianchi's downtown (I'm not industrious enough to actually make the pizza myself). We get it with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes - yum!
Melissa Read

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey,

I have been keeping up with your blog....praying for you and baby Anniston...keep us posted....love you....we are so proud of you...Pastor Mo and Shontel

Aurelia Joy said...

Yumm! Lyle and I love to make veggie pizzas. Our favorite includes olive oil and pesto sauce instead of marinara sauce and Kale, broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, and any other veggies we can find!

WoodardFamily said...

Looks awesome! I love spinach and tomato- my fav!!