Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Long time no post...


Sorry about that!  I don't really have anything of major significance to say, but I do have a lot of randomness that I have thought about sharing in the last week, so I will just combine it all into one long, semi-directionless post.  

*I am so glad to know I'm not the only pregnant woman who has burned her belly with the iron.  The mark is thankfully almost gone now :). 

*Stan's parents came last Friday night for a short visit, and we had a great time of relaxing, eating barbecue, and catching up!  

*My once-a-week appointments (in Hattiesburg) start tomorrow, and they want to do an ultrasound every visit to check Anniston's measurements.  I know she's fine, so it's really kind of fun getting to see her so much.  

*I washed all of mine and Anniston's clothes for the hospital yesterday, so we're pretty much packed except for those last-minute throw-ins like chargers, toiletries, and the camera.

*I had the best first Mother's Day.  Stan gave me a sweet silver necklace with a disc/charm that has Anniston's initial, and we will add her birth-stone charm soon!  We had Mexican food (might become a Mother's Day tradition!), and we went storm chasing that night with TCBY in hand.  Super fun.

*Speaking of TCBY:  Our local place just told us the other night that they are NOT offering cookie dough as a topping anymore!  Did you hear what I just said??  Let the reality sink in for a moment.  Mom, I know you share my pain.  It was one of the saddest moments I've had in a while (not being over-dramatic at all, ha).  But, seriously, Stan practically had to pick my jaw up off of the console.  The girl wound up giving me my yogurt for free :).  I think she was moved to be so generous because of the distraught look/horror on my face.  

*I decided that I will post pictures of the nursery this Friday because Kelly at Kelly's Korner is doing a tour of homes every Friday, and this week is children's rooms/nurseries!  So, if any of you ladies with a blog want to join in on the fun, you can just do a post of the room and link to her blog this Friday!  I think it will be fun to see everyone's style and to get new ideas.  Kelly has already done a Friday of kitchens and a Friday of living rooms, so you can check those out on her blog if you'd like!   ***Okay, nevermind!  I just saw that she changed the room this Friday to Guest Bedrooms, so maybe we can have fun with that, but I WILL put up some nursery pics this week.

*On the spiritual front, things are going great.  I have my moments, but God is always faithful to comfort me and to assure both me and Stan that He is in control and that we just need to continue to trust Him for healing.  You know how sometimes the same verse will keep coming to your attention, and you know that God is speaking to you?  That verse for me lately is "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10).  I had the best time with God today just laying outside looking at the clouds, thinking about how immeasurably great and powerful He is.  I need to be still more...  There are other verses that have been such an encouragement to me recently.  Just wanted to share:

James 5:15a  "The prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up."

2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

We're taking it day by day, waiting and trusting.  We know that God is faithful to His promises, and we are excitedly anticipating our little miracle!

*Oh, and we got a new piano!  Well, it's actually from the 1970's, I think, but it's new to us, and Stan is actually playing right now!  He's going to be the live entertainment for our future supper club get-togethers :).  We still need a bench...

Love you all!

5 comments:

Aurelia Joy said...

I know how you feel about the cookie dough. That happened to me in my hometown except it was sonic and they were no longer making peanut butter fudge milkshakes. I didn't get anything free out of it though!!

By the way, this is really random, but did you know that Rebecca is pregnant? She is due in less than two weeks!

Carey said...

Taking cookie dough away from a pregnant woman--now that is just wrong! I can't believe it is getting so close! Anniston Claire will be here before you know it. Have yall set a date for the induction?
Luv ya!

randi said...

Glad to hear from you again and that all's going well. I can't wait to see your nursery pics! I've really been anxious to post some too, but I'm still awaiting glider cushions...:( Our only TCBY here went out of business about three months ago. Count your blessings...at least all you're missing is cookie dough! :)

"GG"s Journal said...

For those of you who didn't know this...Lindsey has been getting cookie dough topping as long as she and TCBY have been around! I could just see her jaw dropping... poor thing!

Also, God has been speaking to me the same verse too! "Be still and know I am God" I just told someone today this is what God had been speaking to my heart!

I love you both and we are very excited about seeing you this weekend!:) ...want me to bring you some cookie dough???

Love,
mom "GG"

Deb said...

A pregnant storm chaser....hahaa Oh my gosh!!

Tell Stan he can still go back to school in meteriology and get a cool job standing in the wind on the weather channel!!