Thursday, May 21, 2009

news


This morning has been full of ups and downs emotionally for me.  I guess you could say I have good news, sad news.  

I am happy to report that all of the good news is about Anniston.  We had another appointment in Hattiesburg today, and she scored another 10 out of 10 on her Biophysical Profile!  ALSO....my doctor informed me today that I am 2cm dilated and halfway effaced/thinned out!!  She said this means that I have a very good chance of delivering normally with the induction, so that's exciting.  (Even though the c-section has been sounding pretty good lately, ha.)  She also went over what we would need to do if I went into labor before our induction date (June 1st), so that was eye-opening.  Oh, and it looks like Anniston should weigh about 6 lbs or maybe a little more, and we're still seeing that crazy long hair floating around :).

grandpa and mom

Okay, now for the sad/emotional part:  My grandpa passed away last night.  It's hard to even type that because it doesn't seem real.  My mom just told me Monday that he wasn't doing so well, and then before I knew it, she was flying to CO yesterday morning to see him.  We are so grateful that my mom was able to talk to him and that he could talk back and say that he loved her and all of us.  We are also grateful that the Lord chose to take him in his sleep, so he was not suffering, and we are mostly joyful that he is in a much better place now without any pain.  

I wish I could write all I want to say about him, but I'm having a hard time putting it into words.  He was one of the kindest, most thoughtful men I have ever met, and he will be missed greatly.  Maybe I can share more about him when I have my thoughts together.  The pictures are from last October...

me, my grandpa, William McBride, and my brother, Matthew

It feels strange typing two such contrasting sets of news in one post, but I wanted you to know what is going on.  Thank you for your prayers for our family.  Also, thank you for praying for my friend Laura's dad, he is doing much better...

13 comments:

Carey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carey said...

Oh, sweet Lindsey, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you. I knew the love a sweet, kind grandfather too. They hold such special places in a grand-daugher's heart! Please know your entire family is in my prayers.

I am also so encouraged by your news about Anniston. That is great that you are progressing and it is very possible you will have a normal delivery. You will be thankful for that! Praise God! Who is Sovereign!

A verse that has brought me encouragement this week:
"And as for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him" Psalm 18:30

I love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, i am so sorry to read that news. Bless your heart. I am so sorry!

Praise the Lord for another 10 out of 10 for baby Anniston! It is getting CLOSE!!!! WOOHOO!!

I see that you had to remove a comment. I hope no one is being ugly! I read a lot of blogs and it just amazes me that people are so rude and ugly. Sorry if that is the case!

Christi

lindsey said...

I didn't have to delete a comment, Christi, but thank you for being concerned :). I'm guessing someone started to leave a comment and then had to delete it themselves? Not sure...I just didn't want anyone to think something mean was said. I've seen where people have been mean on other blogs as well, but I've really been blessed so far with the nicest of comments from all of you. Thanks everyone for that, and thank you Carey, Christi, and everyone else for your encouragement and prayers :).

randi said...

So, so sorry to hear your sad news! I, too, have a dear grandfather and grandmother who are no longer with us and so will not be able to meet my son. It breaks my heart. You have my deepest sympathy and your family, as ever, will be in our prayers.
How wonderful it is, however, to hear yet another happy report of Anniston! Just days to go until she's here!!
Sending love and hugs your way-
Randi

Anonymous said...

Glad that no one was ugly. I am AMAZED over and over when i read that people are rude and ugly.

I will be praying for you guys over the next days and weeks. Lots going on for you all!

Happy Thursday!

Christi

Heather Reeder said...

Stan and Lindsey,
We work with Jan at Ruston High and have been keeping up with y'all and Anniston. Our 3 1/2 year old daughter Hannah was born with an unbalanced AV canal defect and had surgery at 10 months. God's hand has been on her since before her birth and she is doing wonderful. We think of you often and pray that Anniston will be healthy.

Chad and Heather Reeder

the barhaMS said...

Lindsey,
My heart breaks after hearing the news of your grandfather. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that we are praying for you and your family. It is great to hear the news about Anniston! There is not much longer before you get to meet your daughter, and I know you and Stan cannot wait!

WoodardFamily said...

I am so sorry for your loss Lindsey. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Such a bittersweet time. I am thrilled to hear the news about Anniston and I am so ready for her to get here! Sounds like she is too :) Much love!
Elizabeth

The Albritton's said...

Sweet Friend! I am praying for you and your family! Aubri also lost her grandfather yesterday!

So happy for Baby Anniston!! Knowing that you are getting closer to delivery makes me so happy b/c that means were closer to meeting in the middle! :) love you friend!

Aurelia Joy said...

I'm really sorry about the loss of your grandpa. I tear up even thinking about the thought of losing my grandma (she's the only grandparent left in my family). I was holding my little baby niece for the first time this weekend, and I was thinking about how she was bringing such joy to a world filled with so much loss. I'm so happy that Anniston will do the same for your family. =)

Judith said...

Oh, Lindsey, you and your fam are in our prayers. It's such a sad time when a loved one leaves, but praise God for your precious daughter and her wonderful report! =)

Deb said...

I have not been keeping up very well...am now just reading this. So, so, sorry to you and all your family. It is so wonderful you have such wonderful memories. We know these separations are temporary....but they still hurt so much. Again, so sorry to you all... still praying, Debbie