Friday, May 15, 2009

the tour



Hi Kelly's Korner!  
I posted our daughter's nursery a couple of weeks ago because I had already promised I would, but I'm glad that now I can share it with all of you!

Here's Anniston's room!  It all started with the bright pink damask rug (from Target) which pretty much dictated the color palette for the rest of the room.  Don't I sound like an official tour guide?  ha  Anyway, I wanted to add little glimpses of the brighter pink without it being too overwhelming, so hopefully that was accomplished.  Isn't the pink toy bin with her name so cute?!  Thank you Woodards and Simpsons!  My mom bought Anniston the softest pink blanket that is draped over the crib rail, and the bedding is from JC Penney (pink ties were added).  *Oh, I just remembered that the rug was the only thing I bought for our baby before finding out we were having a girl.  I just knew a boy was on the way because of this purchase, ha.*


The other side of the room...


One of my favorite buys:  the glider!


The precious painting inside the picture frame was such a sweet gift from my very talented friend, Randi...go check out her website, and you'll see what I mean.


The closet:  I know, I'm almost embarrassed by the amount of clothes she already has, but between me, two first-time grandmothers and gracious friends and family, you have a recipe for disaster!  And, don't worry, the Diaper Champ 
will be moved soon :).  


The End.  Thanks for stopping by!


****

I just received a call from one of my friends here, Laura, whose dad had triple bypass heart surgery today.  The surgery went okay, but he still desperately needs prayer.  Pray for complete healing and for this to be the last operation he will need (he has had several).  He has lost a good bit of blood, and he is pretty swollen.  Also, pray for rest for Laura and her family.  Thanks...

22 comments:

"GG"s Journal said...

Lindsey, I love the ENTIRE room! Everything looks so beautiful and perfect! You really know how to decorate and design the perfect place for your/our little princess. :) I LOVE the "AMC" you painted over the bed too!
What a great job! Please tell your friend I'll be praying for her dad too. God never leaves us or forsakes us. HE is our healer!

See you soon!

Love You!
mom "GG"

Aurelia Joy said...

The room is so sweet and picture perfect! Great job decorating.

Carey said...

It is soo cute, Lindsey! You have always been so artsy--by that I mean you have a good eye for decorating! That is a closet full, but just wait it will get fuller somehow :)

We 3 1/2 said...

This is simply lovely! You're such an interior designer!! It's really like something out of a magazine- what a lucky little princess Anniston is to have such a posh place to call her own! :) I love the painting hanging in the frame- what a cute idea!! Oh- and you shouldn't be embarrassed about the clothes...we have at least that many- and we're having a BOY!
Hope you're still feeling alright!

The Albritton's said...

i LOVE it! You are so cute and I cannot WAIT to see Anniston!!

Deb said...

What a sweet room for Anniston!! I can't wait for her to get here so we can see pics of her in her very own beautiful room! You are so clever and that rug....what an inspiration! I love everything! Bless you all....I am still praying for you all and I will lift up your friend's father.

Brooklyn said...

Great job on the nursery!! It looks FABULOUS!

p.s. Did Randi go to Tech?

Pam Scott said...

Lindsey, thanks for sharing Anniston's room! It is so cute and I'm sure she will love it!

WoodardFamily said...

I love it!!! So adorable. All you need is Anniston now :)

The Gilliland Family said...

So sweet! And I love that rug...I will have to keep an eye out when I go there :) Thanks for sharing. Amber

Danielle said...

GORGEOUS! :)

Becca said...

This is FOR SURE one of my favorite nurseries of all time - I LOVE the monogram and that rug . . . well I love it all actually! :-)

Anniston is an adorable name too!

The Gava Family said...

Beautiful room. Who wouldn't love to sleep in this room?

To The Moon and Back said...

beautiful room!

emily said...

baby anniston's room is so darling. if i had a girl, i think her room would look much like yours. i will be praying for you and your family. the lord does heal and more importantly, he does all things for the good of those who love him. keep seeking him, giving him all the glory and watching his story unfold for your lives. you are a beautiful woman and oh, how the Father just adores you!

Lacy said...

Love the sweet room....WHere did you get the pink rug??? So cute and I want one:)

Myra said...

Such a cute room! I love everything about it!

Pam said...

What a sweet room. Congrats and good luck with her L&D.

Kelly said...

First of all - LOVE the name Anniston. I've heard it a few times lately and I'm LOVING it!
Second - this room is PRECIOUS! I love the monogram on the wall and of course the rug!!! SO CUTE!

Tara G. said...

It's so pretty! And clean and fresh...our rental is at least 50 years old and probably has that many coats of paint on the wall. The monogram above the crib is beautiful!

Courtney said...

Great room. I love the monogram behind the crib!

Winston Family Blog said...

I found your room through Kelly's Korner and I LOVE IT! You please please have to tell me where you got that monogram- i have been looking everywhere for one i like and haven't found one until i found yours! Congrats on your sweet little baby girl!