Tuesday, June 2, 2009

baby girl!!


Anniston Claire Martin, June 2nd, 2009

Anniston is here!!  Yesterday morning, we arrived at the hospital and were told a couple of hours later that her lungs were mature and that we could start the induction.  It wound up being around 3pm when they started the Pitocin, and long story short....I went from 3cm to 10 cm in about 6 hours, and then came the pushing.  We pushed for nearly 3 hours, and Anniston's head just could not get past my pelvic bones.  This is a problem that women on my mom's side of the  family have come up against in the past, so that could be the reason, or it could be that the induction did not allow my bones enough time to spread?  Oh well, we wound up needing a c-section, which went great, and now there is no longer a baby inside of me!  Anniston was born at 12:48am today, and she is 6lbs 9.4oz and 19 inches long!  I don't like seeing her with so many tubes everywhere, and I wish I could show you a picture of her without these things, but this is life right now, and we think she looks beautiful.

We do still need your prayers.  Earlier today, a cardiologist looked at her heart, and he saw most of the same things that they saw in the beginning.  A couple things are different, though, and we are praising God for them.  The VSD was still visible, and they continue to think the Aortic Arch is Interrupted, but the Arch did not look as small today as it once did, which is such a blessing!  They were thinking previously that they would need to enlarge the Arch, but today, the cardiologist said that he doesn't think that would be needed anymore!  Praise God!

The plan right now is for Stan to fly via medical jet with Anniston to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) tonight because they want to prepare her for surgery.  I wish I could go with them, but since I had the c-section, they want me to wait a couple of days.   

She is so strong.  Even through 3 hours of pushing, Anniston showed no signs of distress AT ALL.  She is big and pink, and she looks like any other perfectly healthy baby (which, we are still claiming and speaking that she is!).  We are thankful that God is in control and not us.  We know that He has a plan, and taking this day by day, it seems like going to PA is the next step that we are obviously supposed to take.  God is so powerful, and we want to continue to trust Him for complete healing.  We know that Anniston is much better off in His hands, and we also know that God sees EVERYTHING.  The WHOLE picture.  I can't even see the hand in front of my face most of the time.  I'm sure that He has already been so gracious to us in ways that we may never know about in this lifetime.  Stan and I feel so much peace right now, and we are looking forward to seeing what He has in store with this next step that we are taking.  We want to give Him the opportunity to astound us.  Thank you again for praying in faith and for letting us share our baby girl with you.

24 comments:

Leigh-Ann Washer said...

Oh my- She is beautiful! We are praying for you and Anniston. Stay strong momma! Thanks for updating- I have been on the edge of my seat all day!

The Albritton's said...

OH FRIEND! She is STUNNING! Praise God for a safe and healthy arrival of that precious girl! Aunt Meg has kept me updated since yesterday! She is already an incredible aunt! :) Praying for you guys as is my small group and anyone else I could find to tell! Love you very much!

Brooklyn said...

YAY!! Finally an update! She is beautiful!! Lindsey, you are a strong girl. I can't wait to hear the whole story and finally meet her:) Love all of you.

Jordan said...

She's beautiful! Your family & sweet baby girl will be in my prayers! =]

Aurelia Joy said...

Praise God! congratulations Lindsey! She is precious.

Carey said...

oh sweet sweet lindsey,
I loved seeing you today! And Anniston is gorgeous(of course there was no way she could not be)
Your faith in our precious Lord is astounding, just know that you are surrounded by prayer and that indeed God's way is perfect! (Psalm 18:30)
We love all THREE of yall sooo much!

skin said...

what a beautiful baby. We are praying for her healing and for you as i know it is tough for you to be away from her for a few days.

Deb said...

She is a pretty girl....Lindsey, get rested up ....it won't be long and you all will be back together. Glad to know she is so stong and healthy....will be praying tomorrow, too. Glad ACM is with her Daddy....love you guys.

Lora said...

BEAUTIFUL-BEAUTIFUL BABY! The Conville Clan are praying for you all! What a wonderful reflection of our Father's Grace you all are! I know he will continue to bless you abundantly!

We 3 1/2 said...

YAY! We're so super-excited she's here! And she's just ADORABLE! Glad to know you're doing well...we'll be praying for a speedy recovery (for you both)! Congratulations, much love and many continued prayers. :)
-Josh and Randi

Judith said...

Congrats to you and Stan. She is so beautiful, and we are still praying for you and your newly expanded family.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I do not even know how to type the words of what I am feeling right now... What a beautiful little blessing you and Stan have just recieved from our Father. Praise God for all the he has done, is doing, and will continue to do in the life of that precious little baby. I cannot wait to meet that bundle of joy. Congratulations Lindsey and Stan!

Shellie Tomlinson said...

Dear Lindsey, I came by your blog to lay eyes on Baby Anniston,encourage you, and let you know y'all are in my prayers, big time. Instead your strength has left me blessed and inspired. Isn't our Father amazing?
Thanks for being such a wonderful servant.

Pam Scott said...

Lindsey, thanks for sharing the picture of Anniston! She is beautiful and precious! I can't wait to meet her in person someday. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well following the c-section. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers, and especially Anniston and her doctors and nurses.

JoAnn said...

Lindsey and Stan, You do not know us be we are Josh's grandparents from Pa. Debbie has told us about your blog. We are so happy that your baby girl is here and am sure she will be doing fine in no time. Sounds like she is a strong little girl. God bless her and both of you too, Will keep you all in our prayers. Jo Ann Chuck Boller

kelseynicole said...

Congratulations! I'm praying for you and your family!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

She is beautiful!!

Hollyn Breen said...

Oh Lindsey - She is so pretty! I am praying for all of you right now. I'm so glad I found your mom on facebook and found your blog. I knew you were due close to my birthday. I'm sorry I missed your baby shower. Stay strong! I love the name Anniston.
Hollyn

TheFancyFritter said...

Hey Lindsey! This is Stacy from LA Tech...You may remember me from Family & Child Classes & the BCM. I found your blog through Meg's facebook...Your daughter is beautiful! I am praying that everything will go smoothly with her surgery and that He will give you peace during this time. I'm going to follow your blog so I can keep up with your sweet miracle! :)

Brandi said...

Lindsey,
Anniston is beautiful, she looks like you! We are praying for you, Stan, and Anniston! We know God has already blessed ya'll so much and we can't wait to hear of more blessings to come with this sweet baby!
Love,
Todd and Brandi Whitlock

chelsi said...

Just wanted to let you know I've been keeping up and praying for your little one! She is beautiful and you and Stan are such a beautiful couple!

WoodardFamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WoodardFamily said...

She is beautiful!! Eleanor cannot wait to meet her new cousin :) We love yall. Hope you have a safe trip tomorrow. XOXO Eliz, Scott & Eleanor

Heather Broom said...

I know I'm really late with this, and I'm sorry for that (been out of town), but I just want to tell you congrats and that I'm praying for y'all! She is beautiful and I'm believing with y'all for a complete recovery! Can't wait to see her :). Love ya Lindsey!