Friday, June 5, 2009

big day!


Just had to share a few pics that we took before Anniston's 
surgery today:
Our first family pic!

Just thought she was cute crossing her fingers.  *I was not thrilled about them giving her a pacifier so soon, especially since I haven't been able to feed her yet, but they said that it would be better for her to work on her sucking reflex than to not practice it at all...makes sense.  Needless to say, I'm learning to be flexible :).

I said I would give more details on the surgery, but I really don't have much else to tell since it went so smoothly!  They did say that the place where the Aorta comes out of her heart is pretty small and that she will need to be looked at regularly during the first three to six months to make sure that it doesn't give her any problems, but her doctor does not anticipate that it will.  We would appreciate you praying that she will be strong and healthy with no further health issues down the road.  I can't tell you how much your prayers have meant to us.  It was ONLY because of God that we were able to have so much peace today!

This was my favorite pic.  She just looks too comfy in her 
daddy's arms...

11 comments:

SJ said...

I think BGA (baby girl Anniston) is praising her Jesus. Got those little hands going! She is like her GG!

BlueEyedMum said...

Lindsey and Stan you have a beautiful and sweet little one! Only God could have layed out such a perfect plan for Annistan. Blessings and prayers, Love Cousin Lori

Anonymous said...

What a precious baby girl God has blessed you with! She is even more perfect than I imagined. Know that we are praying and have many friends who are joining us on your behalf. Can't wait until you are home and we get to see Annistan in person! What a beautiful family you are!
Dahlia, Wayne, and Amelia

Carey said...

How cute is your little family!!!
Now, Emerson wants to know when Anniston can come swimming? :)
I told her it would be a while, but that she was welcome whenever!
We love yall!
Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Kristen T said...

Those pictures are so sweet! Thanks for sharing! Ya'll have been in our thoughts and prayers all week! So thankful for God is doing. Love ya'll!

Cindy Johns said...

Lindsey she is beautiful and God definitely has His hands on her and with the hands of the doctor. So many prayers lifted up for your family.

Deb said...

I love all the pics...but the last ministers to me so as I am not prone to rest in my heavenly Father's arms. I need to print that out as a constant reminder.

I am so happy for you all. You won't ever know ...until heaven...how many were praying for this sweet, little girl. Hope you are able to head south soon.

Lora said...

Precious pictures! We are all still praying for a speedy recovery and quick trip BACK to our Earthly Promised Land.

Emery Wilkerson said...

So so sweet! Love the pictures! I know ya'll must be overflowing! Anniston is so beautiful & perfect! So awesome that the surgery went great! God is good!! Thanks for keeping us informed on here! I keep checking in on ya'll! And Auntie Meg is doing a fantastic job updating as well! :-)

Anonymous said...

She is so precious and we know the Heavenly Father is watching over her. We will continue to pray for your family.

Almost Mrs.White said...

What a sweet family! Lindsey, you and Stan have been blessed with a precious little angel. Anniston is beautiful! I will continue to pray for you and your family.