We had such an encouraging day! Anniston was able to have her ventilator removed this morning, and we were finally able to hold her again! So now, all she has is her feeding tube, the cannula going into her nostrils to emit some oxygen (just precautionary...she doesn't need it), and an IV line in her left hand if they need to give her any meds or supplements.
**I thought this was funny: Anniston had a line of lipids/nutrients going into her umbilical cord, and the nurse told us this morning that she pulled it out! They were going to take it out today anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. She just wanted us to know that she's ready for the next step!
Now, we can pretty much pick her up whenever we want!
In a couple of days, Stan and I will be able to attempt to feed Anniston with a bottle before she is eventually allowed to try nursing. We're praying that she is responsive to the bottle, and that it will be natural for her to suck, swallow, and breathe all at the same time!
Tomorrow, Friday, baby Hadassah (daughter of Mark and Esther from home...LA) is having her third heart surgery in Boston. Please pray for this sweet family and agree with them for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for their precious little girl!