Saturday, July 18, 2009

my heart is full...


and my face is sore!  Anniston just gave us a couple lil INTENTIONAL smiles!!  We've seen some gassy ones for several weeks now, but today was her first true big smile on purpose!  They aren't that easy to come by yet, though.  I think I wore her out.  When I laid her down for a nap, she pretty much CONKED out right away.  I'll try to get some pics as soon as we can coordinate making funny faces and getting the camera up in time to capture the moment :).

In other milestone news, her neck is getting so much stronger.  When we support her stomach and back in a sitting up position, she will hold her head straight up for a while before she turns back into a bobble head! 

For now, I think I'm going to join her in that nap...no one told me how much your cheeks hurt when you become a parent...


6 comments:

Lora said...

Camille sings "I'm a little teapot"-works everytime! The dog walking by also seems to work.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE a new little smile! Soon Anniston will be smiling all over herself! SO FUN!!!!

Today I actually laughed SO hard at both of my boys that my side hurt! SO, be prepared for you face AND side to hurt for a while!

Enjoy!

Christi

"GG"s Journal said...

I'm smiling right now at the thought of you and Stan looking over Anniston... and smiling! I can't wait to join you in getting those smiles this weekend! I better start doing face exercises now! :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) :0)

"Laughter is good medicine"... "The joy of the Lord is our strength"...

How wonderful are the smiles of a newborn baby!

Love U!
mom "GG"

Carey said...

Just be prepared for your stomach to hurt from laughing so hard at her too!!! Emerson is like our own personal comedian!!!
Love yall

jessie said...

hey! i think babywise is working so well for us b/c we're bottle feeding. i know exactly what it takes to fill her up and i make sure she takes it! i personally think that's a huge part of it - not going to bed hungry! but, she is sleeping from 11:30 pm until 7 am! praise the Lord! now, if i can get our daycare to help me get her on a nap schedule...

i'm sure that's a little tough to do if nursing (i do sooo wish it had worked for us...)

Deb said...

Ahhhh.....so sweet! I am looking forward to those from Frazier.