Friday, July 31, 2009

yay!



Our sweet little girl began sleeping 7 to 8 hours Monday night!!!  She had an off-night Tuesday, but she's gotten back on track the last couple of nights!  Hopefully we have consistency in our future!!

And, just to brag on the Lord for a sec:  the book we're doing (Babywise) to get Anniston on a schedule says that most babies with this routine begin sleeping through the night at about 8 weeks.  But, it says if the child has been hospitalized, it typically takes them a month or two longer.  WELL, Anniston is 8 weeks!!  

I just looked back at a verse I read yesterday, and I'm relating very well because I have had rest and much delight this week!  It's Proverbs 29:17 "Discipline your child, and he will give you rest; he will give delight to your heart."

I know going by this book doesn't work for everyone (and we do only have a few nights under our belt, ha), but I'm thankful that this routine seems to fit our girl pretty well!

***One other thing:  I feel like I should make a point to say that to follow the main principles of Babywise strictly (the book actually advises you to be somewhat flexible) could result in some negative repercussions.  While I do believe this book helps a parent understand their child better and can lead to much success by means of a routine, I also think that it can be misinterpreted and taken to an extreme that is not 
beneficial to a baby.***

10 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Wow, I am muy impressed! Henry finally had a 7-hour night last night and I was so happy! It had been a while!

Anonymous said...

Well hello little Miss Sleeper! I love it!

We did Baby Wise, with our own little tweaks and it worked for all of us! Tatum slept through the night at 5.5 weeks!!!! (you can hit me when you see me). Since Campbell was in the NICU so long, they got him on a schedule and he came home sleeping through the night. Both are still good sleepers to this day! PRASIE THE LORD!!!!

A Schedule still works for us!

Anniston is beautiful and growing like a weed! I can't wait until you guys get to church!!!

Oh, by the way, we are helping with youth this year.... I figure you guys might not be back to help so soon but i hope you are!!!

Christi

Carey said...

Yay for Anniston!!! Yay for mommy too! We are big fans of Babywise and our angel is sleeping 12 hours a night now!
well rested baby=happy baby=happy mama
I think it's sad that you have to throw that disclaimer out there. No matter what you read, you still have to be flexible and get to know your baby! Babywise shouldn't have such a bad reputation because some people are extreme with it! I need to get off of this soap box now! Ha

The Martin Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lindsey said...

AMEN, Carey!

Emery Wilkerson said...

Hey there!! Loving Anniston's pictures!
We are working on babywise too! Hope to meet that goal at 8 weeks also! We are sleeping longer already so yea!

Pam Scott said...

Lindsey,
Thanks for sharing about this book. I had not heard about it since we are "out of the loop" with newborns. Wish we had this when we were starting our family! I love seeing Anniston updates and photos on your blog! Thanks so much for sharing her with us. Your family has been and inspiration and a blessing to me because seeing your faith encourages me.
Hugs to all of you!
Pam Scott

Deb said...

Congrats! I had to wait about five months just to get 6 hours! He is still a night owl!

Kristin Stuart said...

Yea!!! I know how you feel. We did Babywise and Georgia Kate started sleeping 7 to 8 hours at about 6 to 8 weeks and then about a week later she started sleeping for 12 hours. So that is in your future. YEA!!!! Anniston is precious and I love seeing and hearing about her from Meg and Jan. Can't wait to see yall. Hope things are going wel.

Beth Ann said...

That's funny, with our two-year-old, we've been clinging to another verse in Proverbs--23:13: "Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die." Haha...when I read that the other day, I actually laughed out loud. So glad Anniston is sleeping for you. We're doing Babywise as well--it didn't work as well with Brady, but my Anniston slept 7 hours last night--what a blessing!