Monday, August 31, 2009

back row baptists


We finally went to church on Sunday as a family, and it was wonderful!  The last time I set foot in our church sanctuary before this week was May 31st:  the day before my scheduled induction.  It had been a LONG time, so I was thrilled to see familiar faces, worship my heart out, and hear God speak through our humorous and impassioned minister.  The interaction with "grown-ups" and encouragement in my faith were needed MUCH more than previously realized!

Anniston was an ANGEL.  There was hardly a peep on the back pew the entire service, minus a few grunts at the conclusion due to "wind", as the British affectionately call it.

Looks like we're back in the swing of things!  On the back row at least...

6 comments:

Frazier's Family said...

You girls look so beautiful! We're anxious to get back to church, too. Thought we might go last week, but...um...didn't make it. Maybe this week- I hope!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby girl! I didn't know y'all were there! I am so glad that you are sneaking in... soon maybe you will be more than sneaking! Hey, then we will be in the new building!!!

Happy Day!

Christi

Kristen T said...

What a great feeling of being back to church. It's almost like coming home when you have been gone for a while. Glad you were all able to go. I miss you. We need to catch up soon! love ya!

"GG"s Journal said...

You two look so beautiful!! I'm so glad you are back in the swing of things! I know how much you love attending church and worshiping our Lord! Enjoy every moment!

love you!
mom "GG"

Lindsi Hanchey said...

You both are so cute! I can't wait to meet baby Anniston this weekend!

jessie said...

i SWEAR that olivia wore that same dress to church her first time too! i think we're soul sisters - with as much as they have alike!