Thursday, August 20, 2009

getting out *slowly*


Two month shots are behind us, and a few outings lie ahead!  Anniston had her dreaded (by me, of course) immunizations a week ago, and it occurred to me as I listened to her crying while the nurse was attempting to quickly do what must be the most unpleasant part of her job that this was the most pain I had ever seen my child in...wild, right?  

The pain and tears were short-lived, and now we are able to take Anniston out as long as we do not have big crowds, particularly children, around her.  SO...sad to say...no church nursery for a long while...  BUT, I'm just so glad to get out of the house with her and that we can at least sit on the back pew for now!!  

Our first order of business after the shots was to travel to Louisiana to visit family and to celebrate at my mom's "surprise" fiftieth birthday party!  Will embellish more on that later with pics...just thought I'd at least share a little something today :).

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

We did the back pew once! It can work!

"GG"s Journal said...

YAY! I'm so glad you can get out more now!

I love you 3!
mom "GG"

Lindsi Hanchey said...

I'm so glad you are getting to escape a little bit. We have sat on the back pew with friends before. :) I can't wait to meet Anniston...! Labor Day?!?!