Saturday, August 8, 2009

nighttime sleep, take II


Thank you all for your suggestions!  Sorry to be confusing with the last post...partly due to me being confused myself, and partly because I was using some Babywise terminology (e.g. late evening feed; first morning feed) without explaining myself.  

Basically, the gist of what I was attempting to say is that Anniston will sleep 8 hours when put down at 8, but if I wake her for a late evening/dream feed, she will not usually budge enough for me to give her much food (if any at all).  This would leave her sleeping until about 4 either way.  So the issue is not whether she's sleeping through the night...it's that she won't consistently do it in the time frame that I would like.  Not really a big deal, I know.

Oh well, we're trying different things to hopefully make the late-evening feeding work (keeping her up a little longer, doing feed with bottle, etc.), and I will let you know how it goes :).  We actually HAVE  had a couple of nights this week where she ate a lil at 10 and slept until about 5:30, so we have progress!

**Just had to give a shout-out to my sweet cuz, Megan, who had her ADORABLE baby boy Ridley on Thursday!  I'm so glad I get to share this new-mom phase with you, babe!



1 comment:

The Lords said...

Hi Lindsey,

I know I don't know you very well at all, but I've been following your blog via the Albritton's. Thanks for sharing praises and pictures. We're glad to see Anniston is doing so well...she is just precious!

I thought I'd comment on your BabyWise post because we used that method with Harrison and it worked well for all of us. We continually get comments about what a happy baby he is (most of the time)! She'll most likely sleep through the night when she's ready...and she'll skip that awkward wee morning hour feeding. Harrison did that too, but one thing we did was wake him at the same time each morning. 6 am worked for us since we're both working. He eventually started waking later and later until he slept entirely through the night from 8 pm to 6 am. Now he sleeps from 8 pm to 7 am. So, keep it up and just continue to be patient, she'll figure it out soon! Ya'll are doing a great job...a full night's sleep will come soon, promise!
- Megan Lord:)