Tuesday, August 4, 2009

question??


For all of you who are doing or who have done Babywise, I have a question.  Anniston is pretty much on a schedule during the day that starts at 8am (8-11-2-5)...even if I try to alter her schedule, she somehow always seems to get back on this one.  When I put her down at 8pm whether she has awake time or not, she gets into the deepest sleep EVER, and I cannot usually wake her at 10 or 11 for a late evening feed.  Also, when she goes to bed at 8, she sleeps 7 or 8 hours, but when I wake her up for her late evening feed, she only sleeps about 4 hours or so (aka:  last night).  

SO, I know the logical thing to do would be to just let her go to sleep at 8, but I have a hard time going to bed at that time.  The result is me still feeling like I'm waking up in the middle of the night...because I am (3-4am).  I know this isn't that big of a deal and that I really should just be grateful that she's sleeping well, but I was just wondering if any of you had children who did this.  And, if you did...what did you do??  

I also forgot to add that after I feed her at 3 or 4, she barely sleeps when I put her back down, so I feel like I'm messing up her first feed of the day since that first morning feed is more likely to be inconsistent as she starts sleeping longer.  I eventually would love for her to sleep from 8-8 (a dream for now, ha) but not sure if I should keep trying for the late evening feed and move it back as she sleeps longer?  Am I thinking too much??  I think I am.  I'm kind of embarrassed that I even just wrote all of this, but I'm just tired of waking up at 4 and not sleeping well thereafter!  Maybe I should just suck it up and go to sleep at 8...I just love spending those last couple of hours hanging out with Stan.  hmmm

And yes, I was bored the other night and started playing around with the look of the blog.  One thing led to another, and somehow I wound up with a dorky signature.  Humor me, ha...It is all subject to change...   

Hmmm, maybe this all would be resolved if I would just go to bed instead of playing on the computer?

11 comments:

Kristin Stuart said...

Lindsey,
I know that I am VERY new at this whole baby thing as well. We did Babywise for the most part. GKS schedule was a little different from Annitston's because she would wake up at 7:30 am and then stay awake for about an hour and a half and then go back to sleep at 9:00 and sleep until 12:00. Then she would stay awake for about 2 hours and and sleep from 2:00 to 5:00. I wanted GKS up at 5:00 because that was when Robert came home and he wanted to play with her. Well, she can not stay up from 5:00 until bedtime. SO...I let her take a little cat nap at 6:30 or so and she will sleep for about 45 minutes to an hour. I do everything I can to wake her up at this time so we can bathe, feed, and play with her a little bit before she goes to bed. I like her going to bed a little bit later because we are both about to working so that will be our only time with her. Right now she is taking that cat nap and then we feed and bathe her and put her down at about 9:00 and she will sleep until 8:00. GKS would do the same thing when I tried to wake her up for a late night feeding. She didn't ever feed well and didn't sleep as good as she would if I just left her alone. SO...I talked to my doctor and her advice was to TRY to keep her up a little bit later and then feed her and put her to bed. I know it is hard, but Robert and I would take her on walks and just talk to her to keep her awake until her later feeding. Eventually (VERY SOON) she will be ready to sleep 11 to 12 hours so she will sleep through.
Now that I have rambled and didn't answer your question at all. If you want to email me feel free...kristinkstuart@gmail.com. Sorry for such a long message!

BlueEyedMum said...

Lindsey,
Around 2 month is when JJ started sleep 8-9 hour straight as long as I did not wake him. So think if 7 hours became 9, that would put her waking around 5a. So I did was let JJ sleep until he woke up (he would fall asleep around 9p and wake between 5a and 6a). I normally went to sleep around 10p.
Just get use to the lack of sleep, because her sleep pattern will continue to change!!!

Also remember everytime you get up in the middle of the night with her, she is just trying to tell you that she loves you and misses you.

Blessings,
Lori

jessie said...

ok, meg was here when i read your post and we were both confused! i had to go back and re-read it! sorry, but i don't have an answer for you...i would probably wake her but that obviously doesn't work for y'all. but, if it makes you feel better, anniston sure is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

call me and i will try to help. I am a little confused by reading it, i need to HEAR it!

HA! I left my number on your cell.

Christi

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I know nothing but that's difficult- I mean, Henry is 3 months old and we swaddle, feed, and put him down at 8:30 or 9 and he sleeps til 3:30 or so and then I feed him and he goes straight back down for another 3 hours and then I'll feed him again at like 6:30 and he'll sleep another hour or two. So, the first stretch is the same. I don't know- I think I'm used to being sleep-deprived because I can't make myself fall asleep at 8:30 or 9 yet either...but usually by 10, I'm out.

It is hard when Anniston is not sleeping well after she wakes up at 3:30. I don't have any advice, I kinda feel like a Babywise dropout but he's doing well so that's okay.

I have no constructive advice, sorry.

Carey said...

Ok, I think I understand what your saying, I think :)
Emerson did something very similar! She would go down around 7:30 to 8 and wouldn't want to wake up for her dreamfeed (usually around 10 to 10:30) but I made her get up and eat as much as I could. I usually didn't feel like this was a great feeding but it was enough to get her to the next morning because she usually slept from then until 7 to 7:30 the next morning. So my advice would be to wake her up and get her to eat as much as you can and see if she'll make it til morning like that. Emerson started sleeping 11 hours around 13 or 14 weeks so your probably not to far from her sleeping that stretch for you!
I hope that makes sense and helps! Call if you need to, I'd love to hear from you!
Luv ya
Carey

Aurelia Joy said...

Lindsey,
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I really appreciate it so much! Although I can't really give any baby advice, I can say that I thought your signature was really cute before you even mentioned anything about it!

Deb said...

Sorry I don't remember much except the first four months was like one long day..haha. (Plus I started back to 8 hours a day work at 3 months!) Josh never slept very long at one time. I just fed him when he wanted to eat and he slept when he wanted to sleep and he fussed when he wanted....I just went with the flow and the "this too shall pass" notion. I am a great cat napper though and it saved me my sanity!

WoodardFamily said...

I love that you are asking about this. Makes me think back to when eleanor was at that stage :) And haha- I cannot remember much except that she slept about 8 hrs at 8 weeks. However, this site helped me alot with babywise stuff (and still does with toddlerwise!)
http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/search/label/babywise%20help

Beth Ann said...

Anniston is probably sleeping fine now, but when my Anniston was waking at 5 a.m. around 8 weeks, I just turned the monitor off and let her cry/coo/talk herself back to sleep. It took her about three days to figure out that she wasn't getting fed at that hour and she started sleeping until 7 a.m. :) (I should mention, this never happened with my first. I was in his room to feed him the moment I heard him cry.)

I also woke Anniston up to feed her around 10 or 10:30 p.m. so she could get a little something to drink before putting her down for the night. Now, she eats her last meal between 9-9:30 p.m. even if I just fed her at 8. I think she's getting ready to drop the late night feeding.

Hope it's going better for you.

Lynne said...

L and S- Lamar and I treasure each wonderful moment with you all and Anniston!How cute the first cereal was - she sounded hungry and yummy. Love you both so much and keep us posted on all the cute things she is doing- our love everyday! Lynne and Lamar
Praise the Lord for all creation