Thursday, October 8, 2009

anniston's heart = spectacular!!


Anniston's procedure went amazingly well, and in her doctor's own words, her heart looks "SPECTACULAR!"

Seriously, he stopped us in the hall after her procedure but before they did an ultrasound on her heart, and he said that the narrowing in the heart usually doesn't look much better after a catheterization, but it typically improves over time. (He just wanted to prepare us before they did the ultrasound.) WELL, he just came in the room after looking at the results and said that her heart looks absolutely beautiful and that he never DREAMED it could have looked so good!!! We told him we had been praying, and he said "your prayers were answered!"

God has been reminding me today of the Beth Moore Bible Study on the book of Daniel that I'm doing with some girlfriends. The study yesterday was about how Daniel stopped everything and praised God when his prayer was answered. Beth goes on to talk about how so often when God has answered our prayers, we just jump on over to the next request without truly putting everything on hold and praising Him for what he has just done. I know that I fail in this area often (I did today), and I want to be more conscious about giving God the glory He deserves. So, right now, I just want to stop everything and PRAISE Him for this miracle!! Thank you Lord for hearing our petitions and for healing Anniston completely!

Thank you once again for all of your prayers. Stan and I love you guys more than you could possibly know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you got good news. We serve a wonderful God. I pray that eveything continues to go well for you too.

Jamie Jones

jessie said...

yay! so glad it went well!

WoodardFamily said...

I am so happy everything went well! Love yall!

Deb said...

So glad...PTL...God is Good!