Saturday, October 24, 2009

show us your life: fall decor


Since it's a beautiful fall day, and because I'm apparently on a roll blogging so often (for me) this week, I thought I'd join Kelly's Korner Blog and her "Show Us Your Life" series today.  Well, she actually does it every Friday, but I'm pretty sure I can still link to it today *fingers crossed*.  

I enjoy and anticipate every season, but there's just something about the smell of pumpkin bread and the feel of cooler, drier (can I get an amen?) autumn air that makes me go weak at the knees.  Oh, and do not let me forget to mention the leaves.  Oh, the leaves.  I digress...

So, the theme this week for "Show Us Your Life" is fall decor.  I didn't do much this year, but I'll share anyway.

Here's our front door.

Coffee table.  Confession:  yes, the magazine is Martha Stewart, and yes, I heart her.  Or, I at least heart her creations (most of them).  I'm pretty sure Jesus hearts her too, so don't make fun of me too much.

I tore apart one of my old garlands and threw the berries in here with a candle.  Quick fix.

I'm not in love with this centerpiece for our table, but it's fine for now.

My mom brought me these gourds yesterday...love them.

For some reason, the wreath above the window makes me smile.

As does my pumpkin soap from TJ Maxx.

But, my favorite fall decoration of all is probably this little twiggy pumpkin with twinkle lights.  The end.


6 comments:

Frazier's Family said...

Oohhh...how pretty! Your decorations rival Martha! I envy. ;) Also, there's a Martha Stewart on my coffee table, too. :) So glad to see sweet Anniston doing so well!

"GG"s Journal said...

When we arrived at your home the first thing I thought from viewing the front door to walking inside your home was... HOW INVITING and beautiful! As you know, I love fall too and you captured the season beautifully with your special touch!

We have SO enjoyed sharing some of the season with you and visiting with our adorable granddaughter and her parents! I also enjoyed the fall ideas in your Southern Living and Martha Stewart magazines! You really know how to make a house... a HOME!

love you bunches!
mom "GG"

Buffy said...

Love you fall decorations:)

Kristen T said...

One thing I miss about you..living with you! ha. You are such a good decorator! :)

Liz said...

I'm in love with the wreath over your window! It's perfect!

jewels said...

I love your decorations! Fall is definitely my favorite season! I love decorating for fall, dare I say, even more than Christmas! I am completely obsessed with pumpkins, and Gary just thinks it is funny and weird how I keep bringing them home nearly everytime I enter a store these days. But my display doesn't look nearly as polished as yours! Beautiful job girl!