Monday, December 14, 2009

here's the tour

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

For the last few years, I have chosen to go with a more natural theme (gold, brown, green, twigs, leaves, etc...) for my Christmas decorations, and I'm really enjoying the neutral tones.  Staying pretty minimal while incorporating texture was my goal this year since I'm in love with a "cottage-y" (word? no.) sort of look...not that I have attained that appearance by any means.  

Look at me!  I've just started telling you about our decorations, and I'm already bored with myself!  I always say that my favorite colors are brown and cream, and you've probably already figured that out if you've ever seen pictures of our house or my clothes.  I want to branch out; I really do.  Hey, at least our back door has a little bit of red...

Staying true to my plain self, I do have a soft-spot in my heart for our tree skirt.  Burlap from Hobby Lobby two years ago...I think it was 10 yards, and I'm pretty sure I spent $17 with my 40% off coupon :).

P.S.:  This year, we found out what happens when some of the lights go out on your lovely, affordable pre-lit tree.  Tried to unsuccessfully mend the situation.  Don't look too close.


Our "topper"


Still looking for the perfect stocking for Anniston...

Told you I like burlap!  It makes my heart go pitter patter.

Here it is, folks!  Me branching out!

The End!  
Go check out The Nester's Blog to look at more Christmas glitz!

9 comments:

Aurelia Joy said...

LOVE IT! Seriously, everything looks great. I'm a sucker for neutral tones..I have to force myself to buy color!

Kristen T said...

You crack me up! I love your style and your love for neutral tones! :) Your tree and mantle look great! I so wish I had a mantle to decorate. I have been debating on whether or not to get some burlap for under my tree! Everything looks awesome! Love you!

Jennifer said...

Your home looked so warm and inviting! I love how you've worked with the golds and natural tones - it's gorgeous! Happy blog touring and Merry Christmas!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Your house is so welcoming! So warm! Well done, girl!

"GG"s Journal said...

Beautiful!!!! ...and I'm SO PROUD of you branching out with COLOR!:) Since our home has always been ALL green, red, and gold during the holidays you were probably tired of it growing up and I drove you to neutral tones! haha! Even though I use a LOT of color, as you well know, :) I LOVE the neutral tones in your home too! It's just gorgeous!!! ENJOY


love,
mom "GG"

Anonymous said...

I love me some burlap too! WOOHOO for burlap!
I love neutral too but let me tell you, when my boys began making ornaments and such, i didn't want my "matching" tree to have these ornaments but they WERE SO SPECIAL!

So, i have a kid tree. WIth.... wait for it..... COLORED LIGHTS! The garland looks like candy and all of their ornaments are so precious on it! I bought some glass ornaments that are bright and bold! It is fun!

I bet you will be doing that soon! Until then, i love everything neutral!

Christi

Lynne said...

Lindsey- I have loved all the pics you have done- and of course your house is gorgeous - along with darling Anniston!!! Can't wait for all of us to be together soon!! GIVE ALL A KISS FROM US LOVE YOU LYNNE AND LAMAR

Campbell Jane said...

Love the Christmas Spirit & decorations in your home. You are welcome to stop by my blog to view my tour as well.
Happy Holidays & Many Blessings
Campbelljane

Deb said...

Soooo pretty and classy. My Christmas decor is "hodge podge"...all the stuff I have collected from after Christmas sales for 30 years. Somedays I love it and somedays I want pitch it and do a "theme"...but I am too sentimental I guess.

Merry Christmas....I know it will be special!!