Sunday, December 20, 2009

it's the "little" things


Psalm 107:1  "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!  His mercy endures forever."

I just wanted to do a quick post about Anniston's progress because I don't want to forget where she has come from.  She has been completely herself since a few days after we returned home from the hospital in October except that her right arm and especially her fingers were a little weak.  For several weeks in the beginning, she would keep her right arm stiff (locked at the elbow but moving at her shoulder), and her hand was more often than not in a fist.  Well, since then, the Lord has done some amazing things in her arm, and I just want to thank Him!  She has been relaxing her hand SO much more and bending her arm at the elbow.  AND, a little over a week ago, she grabbed one of her toys and started reaching for her bowl as I was feeding her! 

Anniston still hasn't rolled over very much at all (was weak because of her heart before her cath and then after the cath was weak because of the stroke), and I can let it get to me sometimes, but God has continued to humble me and teach me that I need to be thankful even for the little things.  It's amazing what happens when I take my eyes off of the negative (not that it was even that bad, but I made it that way) and look at the positive...I can see Him doing SO much!  

Just the other day, I saw Anniston fully extend her right arm during tummy time, and today, she grabbed my shirt with her right hand!  And, as I am writing this, I see Anniston touching her left cheek with her right hand while sleeping.  That's a first!  She is just the most precious gift, and I am more than grateful to our Heavenly Father for this lesson in slowing down to enjoy blessings that we might have otherwise taken for granted. 

Love you guys and hope you're having a wonderful Christmas week!!


6 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yay! Go God! Go Anniston! Woohoo!

Kami said...

Lindsey.. you are just so amazing and encouraging! I have been so blessed by being such a small part of the Martins lives! I hope and pray that your fmaily has a very blessed Christmas season this year and that little Anniston will continue developing in amazing ways that reveal our amazing God!!

Anonymous said...

Yay God! Thank You, God for this blessing!

Merry Christmas and keep us posted on the blessing!

Christi

"GG"s Journal said...

Praise the Lord for the victories we have witnessed!!! She is our sweet little miracle girl! You'd never know she's had a problem at all just looking at her! She is doing so good! We give God ALL the PRAISE!!!

Love You!
mom "GG" & dad "grandpa"

Deb said...

Thanks for posting such great news!! It is such a wonderful time of the year to be ever mindful of His love through the gift of His son, Jesus! What would we do without His help? Have a Merry Christmas....I know you are going to love seeing family.

Dahlia said...

Praying for you three right now and praising God for the miracle of Anniston's life. Know that wherever He leads you that you will always have those who love you and treasure your sweet spirits in Hattiesburg. Merry Christmas,precious baby girl.....it gets better and better with each passing year - trust me on that!