Wednesday, December 2, 2009

six months!


Anniston is SIX months old today!  I only have a few minutes, and it is late once again, but I just wanted to document this special day.  Sad to say, I did not take a picture of her today, but I'm pretty sure I met my quota for at least a few days in the last post.  

She got her first round of the RSV shot today (not too bad), so we were able to have her weighed since the dose is based on the weight of the child.  They didn't take her length, but I'm glad to know that she was exactly 13lbs 10oz on her six month birthday!  

I'll have to give more details later on what she is doing right now at this half-year mark.  She really is improving every day.  Her right side is still a little weak, and to be honest, I've been battling it a good bit lately, but then I want to slap myself in the face when I realize how selfish/prideful I'm being.  I start to compare and push to rush all of the milestones, but I can see that God is wanting to teach me a lesson in patience and humility right now.  For so long, I was sustained with a grateful heart that she was alive, but I guess I have just been attacked lately with these superficial thoughts.  Why am I spilling all of this??  I guess it's just been on my heart, and it's good to share my struggles.  Sometimes online, I think it's easy to paint a picture close to perfection, so in case you haven't already figured it out by now, I am FAR from perfect.  I know that the Devil has been trying to steal my joy since Anniston is doing so well, but with the power of Jesus Christ, I am NOT going to let him!  Enough of that...

I am blessed beyond measure with the most beautiful little girl who, as she rests her head on my shoulder at night, will babble her sweet, soft little girl talk into my ear while licking my neck (might sound strange, but sweet to me) to wind down for a good night's sleep.  My heart is full, and yes, I am blessed indeed!  Oh, how grateful I am for the last six months and the many months and years ahead!

Happy six months baby girl!


3 comments:

Shane and Ashley Bray said...

Lindsey
She is getting so big and adorable of course. The devil is always around to catch us when we are down but you know God is greater than the devil could ever be and He works things in His time not ours no matter how much we would like to change it. May God continue to bless Anniston and she will meet and exceed every milestone.

Deb said...

Yes, patience is sooo tough for all of us. I will keep praying for her and for you all, too.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Thanks for sharing those struggles...totally normal and I think it makes people feel less condemned with you share! She is a sweet girl, indeed...we are so blessed!