Tuesday, December 1, 2009

a tale of two thanksgivings


We had the best Thanksgiving...twice!  First, Stan, Anniston and I made our way to Janjan and Pops's house.  We celebrated Thanksgiving on a day that was not Thanksgiving, and with that being my first time to celebrate a holiday on a day that was not the actual "day", I was skeptical whether or not the "day" on a different day would feel quite the same.  But, to my surprise, it totally did!  Why have I never had this privilege before?!  Two Thanksgiving spreads on two different days that felt exactly like Thanksgiving each time!...fun, no?!  And now for an assortment of pics from the holiday(s):

Relaxing with Pops.

Hanging out with Janjan.  I'm looking at this picture and feeling like a bad mom since my little girl does not have anything on her legs late in November :(.  But, in my defense, it was warm, and she did have leggings on earlier in the day :).

Two men and a baby.  Stan's sweet Granddad pictured left.

Here's what the men did while us gals sat by the cozy fire drinking our coffee and filing our nails.

And, the after-hunt cuddle is always sweet :).

Another cute one of Janjan and Anniston!

Then, we headed to my parents' house to celebrate Thanksgiving on the day that everyone else does (unless you're like us this year) and had a grand time there as well!

Anniston getting some loving from GG, Grandpa, and Uncle Matt.

Then Grandmary got her fill!  I don't think Anniston objected, do you?

We have seen the cutest tickle-fits from Anniston lately where she just comes out of nowhere with the most precious little succession of laughs.  A blurry picture follows, but I just had to share because, of course, I think she's pretty cute.  AND, you can actually see her neck underneath all of those cheeks!  Anniston, if you're reading this someday when you're a teenager:  please don't hate me.  I love you.


Anniston's first visit to the Christmas tree farm!  This is a tradition that I hope my parents will continue...I can just imagine what a blast it will be when our little girl is darting around in search of her favorite tree!

GG and Anniston soaking up the shade.

I never realized just how much Matthew would love Anniston...he's such a sweet, caring uncle.

Another tickle-fit with GG and Grandpa!

Well, there you have it.  Thanks to the fams for a wonderful time!


As if this post isn't long enough, I guess I'll throw in another pic for good measure.

The End!

P.S.:  Pardon my rambling and the fact that I made one long post when I could have done several little ones.  It's late, and I'm tired.  But, I do love whoever is taking much of their sweet time to sort through such a random, circular grouping of pictures and words.  Or, I guess I should say:  Love you GG and Janjan :).


6 comments:

Kristen T said...

I love long posts. Especially when there are pictures!! Thanks for sharing. Glad that ya'll had two great Thanksgivings!! I will talk to you soon!! Love and miss you!

Emery Wilkerson said...

Love reading about ya'lls fun & seeing sweet Anniston!!!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Looks like y'all had fun! What a blessing to have two such loving families!

Kristin Stuart said...

Lindsey,
I feel the same way about who reads our blog. My mom and Robert's mom. Be thankful that your 2 families live close enough together to celebrate with both. Glad you had fun on your First Thanksgiving with Anniston. Aren't all the holidays so different now!?

"GG"s Journal said...

Thanks so much Lindsey for doing this sweet blog so we can have a record of these wonderful events! We will always cherish the special times we share with all of you!

love to all!
"GG"

Brooklyn said...

Love, love, love her!