Tuesday, February 16, 2010

about seven posts in one :)


Anniston is only allowed to be around small groups of people the first year of her life, so on the rare occasion that we go to the grocery store or to church with her, we typically keep her in her carseat to limit the amount of contact she has with others. Some people are okay, but lots, especially in the winter, are best to be avoided. SO, as you can imagine, the bigger she gets, the less motivation I have for hoisting her, along with her seat, around town.

Then, my dear sweet mother comes into town. For nearly an entire week. She and my dad come often for a few days at a time, but since they tend to my grandmother, a week is not always feasible. The poor woman was barely able to visit with her own daughter because I was steadily out running errands, taking time to pamper myself, and just simply wandering around in the world outside of this comfy bubble I've managed to form. It was wonderful.

And yet, somehow, I'm left with this feeling that I wasn't missed :).

Thank you, mom, for your help. It seriously was MUCH needed and continues to be appreciated more than you could possibly know.

****

Now, about the snow...

I live one hour from the Gulf of Mexico, and this is the second snow I've seen this winter. AND, they've both been over an inch. We were SUPER excited, to say the least!

Pardon the pink Valentine snowwoman with eyes on the top of her head. I've decided she's praising Jesus.




I've been meaning to share these rainboots with you guys. My wonderful, amazing in-laws gave them to me for Christmas, and I LOVE them! You can check them out here. Thank you, Martins! They were perfect for our snow day!

****

As the weekend approached, I decided to bake Stan's V-Day gift, and come to think of it, I think I bake him cupcakes every year for Valentine's Day. And, I'm pretty sure I always make strawberry ones which just so happen to be my favorite. *Slap on the hand.* Will have to do better next year. Oh well, I wanted to share this with you because I tried Martha Stewart's filigree garnish technique (from this month's issue) to make these chocolate hearts, and they are super simple. All you do is melt bittersweet chocolate, cool slightly, pipe your shape onto parchment paper, freeze for 15 minutes, and apply to whatever baked sweet you're making. So very easy and fun!

****

Wow, this is getting long...

Then, my dad came Saturday so he could take my mom back home on Sunday. This is commonly how I find him and Anniston...she loves her grandpa.

Thanks, dad, for giving mom up for a week. And mom, thank you again for all of your help!  Not to mention the quality girl time we had :).  I love you both!

More fun to come since Stan's parents are coming into town this weekend! Anniston's one blessed little girl.

Oh! And, I've been meaning to tell you that she's been completely seizure free since last Thursday!! God is so good!! Thank you for praying!!!

9 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yay! Happy that you had a great week with your mom in and happy that Anniston had a long seizure free stretch!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

How sweet! I know i love it when keggie comes in town because i get to go and do things! Thats not the only reason but its definitely a plus! LOL!

Jordan said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great couple weeks! Love the boots! :-)

Lois Lane II said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear Anniston's doing well!!! Love the pics!!

Anonymous said...

Love this post! Such good things to report! I pray that you will soon have the blessing of saying Anniston has been seizure free for, a month, 6 months and a year.....etc!

My mom and Dad moved here when Tatum was 11 months. While I LOVE that they are here and I could not do LOTS of stuff without them, i miss having my mom come to town and visit and me going to their house out of town. I can remember the weeks that she would come and we would have so much fun hanging out and such. What a blessing for you!

Love the snow pics! Glad you had fun! We did too!

Happy Wednesday!

Christi

"GG"s Journal said...

Thanks Lindsey for posting the pics of our wonderful week together! I loved EVERY moment of being there and so glad you and Stan had a couple of dates and some free time to pamper yourself as well!!! Anniston and I didn't mind at all staying home together! ;) We need to do this again sometime soon!

Love ya!
Hugs & Kisses
mom "GG"

Deb said...

Wonderful news!! Love all the pics as usual. You are VERY blessed to be so near your Mom and Dad and in laws. Mine always lived far off and would come for a couple weeks once a year....then we would go there in the summer.

Carey said...

How fun! You can see how tight your parents are wrapped around Anniston's finger...it's written all over their faces! ha Glad that you got out for some errands! I try to get Phillip to watch E when I go out too :)
I will definitely try that cupcake decoration! Cute!

Scott Woodard said...

I love this post! So many sweet pics. I understand how great it is to get out of the house baby free. A rare luxury! Anniston is just beautiful just like her sweet mom! Love yall!