Saturday, February 13, 2010

a year and a day ago




Did you know that a Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) is the most common birth defect and the least common screened for?  I knew that this month was Heart Health Awareness Month, but I was just informed that this week has been CHD Awareness Week.  Exactly one year and one day ago (for anyone new to our story), our lives changed forever because we learned that our baby girl, Anniston, had a heart defect called Interrupted Aortic Arch, which was accompanied by a large VSD.  We were blessed to learn of this defect before her birth so that we had time to cope and fervently pray, but there are countless others who do not have the privilege of knowing this life-altering news prior to the birth of their child.  

I regretfully have not shared much about CHD, but I want to do a better job of keeping others informed as well as offering as much hope as I can.  There IS hope!!  Our little girl is doing absolutely wonderful, and I know that our Mighty God loves and has His hand on all of His precious heart babies!  

If you have some time, click the link above to learn more facts about CHD.  It is very eye-opening to see the many improvements that can and should be made concerning CHD, particularly when it comes to CHD research.  

Thanks for taking time to do this!  Much love!

Psalm 145:8  "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love!"


3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

I love that you are sharing about this!!!

"GG"s Journal said...

Thanks for posting this Lindsey... I plan on being more active in CHD awareness as well! I'll post information on my facebook today!

May God bless others with hope and healing as we received with Anniston. She is our little Sweetheart and Joy! I feel so blessed to be her "GG"!!!!



Love,
mom "GG"

Short Southern Momma said...

Thank you for posting this! So glad I came across your site. Hope your having a great day! xoxo