Thursday, March 4, 2010

just a little frosting


Throughout my 25+ years, whether things were going well or I was at a point of seemingly no relief, God has always brought me to a place beyond anticipation.  And, when it comes to my expectations being exceeded, the family I married into is NO exception.  They are definitely the “icing on the cake” that I didn’t even know to ask for:  because I couldn’t have.  My parents/brother/extended family are just amazing, and to now have another handful of people who love me nearly as much is, for lack of a better word, unreal.

I remember when Stan and I began dating, and someone would ask me who I was seeing, this is how the conversation ALWAYS went: 

Other person:  “Who are you dating?”

Me:  I would say his name. 

Other person:  “Oh!  He’s related to so and so, right?" 

Me:  "Yes!" 

Other person:  “They are SUCH a neat family!”

*And, that’s how it went.  Always.  And, I'm here to say firsthand:  they were right.*

 To Stan's family:  Thank you for molding my husband into the loving, godly partner/father he is today, and thank you for welcoming me as your own.  I love you :).


Here is Anniston with her Janjan and Pops during their most recent visit:  

*Note:  Aunt Meg and Uncle Bryan were here visiting as well, but since the little Auntie was sick, she wasn't near Anniston, and therefore:  no pics :(.  But, I love her and her hubs too...so much.




Speaking of this little girl, she is now 9 months old and almost 16.5 lbs!   And, speaking of icing on the cake... I have no words...


8 comments:

The Albritton's said...

Linds...what precious pics!!! AHH..she is so cute!

Carey said...

I love ur inlaws too! Just sincerely kind people.
Anniston is getting so big! Still sooo Adorable!

Ashley Bray said...

Lindsey,
I can't believe how adorable and big Anniston is getting. I love following you and see where God is leading you.
Check out my blog when you get a chance I left you something.

Kristen T said...

Anniston looks so good! She looks like a big girl standing up there next to the bulldog. I feel the same way about my inlaws! What a great blessing to have another set of wonderful parents!

"GG"s Journal said...

You are loved and so blessed to have such a wonderful extended family as we are so blessed to have Stan a part of ours! God has answered our prayers!! What a blessed little girl Anniston is too to have such caring and loving grandparents! ...So glad you all had a wonderfull visit!

Anniston looks like such a big girl!! I love ALL the pictures!

love,
mom "GG"

Lindsey Walpole said...

Lindsey! Anniston is growing so fast! :)

I got a blog! www.lindseywalpole.blogspot.com

Lindsey

the Jennings secede from the South said...

You do have cool in-laws!

Lois Lane II said...

She is absolutely beautiful. What an angel you have!