Friday, March 26, 2010

yet again...


...I'm rambling.  Why?  Because I am unable to make one, fluid thought today.

So, I FINALLY updated my sidebar with some more of my favorite blogs.  Seriously, it has been MONTHS.  I feel like there is probably a dear friend that I have neglected to add...if so, let me know!  They're in order from most recently posted, so if you're on the bottom of the list, that does not mean that you're on the bottom of my list.  (hoot hoot, I miss you :))  

Am I the only one who has been SUPER busy lately??  I feel like I have been doing so much, but when I stop and think about it, I cannot tell you what I have been up to.  Weird.

It really bothers me that I just ended a sentence with a preposition.  

I told a friend FOREVER ago that I was going to do a post of my favorite baby items, and I haven't yet...sorry, friend.  I will eventually have time to actually think out a post, but for now, I will say that my MOST favorite buy EVER are the Pampers Sensitive Wipes.  Wow.  The first month we were home, and even when we were in the hospital, we used the harsh, regular wipes and always used diaper rash cream.  I just thought "she's a baby and babies all use the cream, so we are going to as well."  Since switching to the sensitive wipes, we have maybe used the cream twice...in EIGHT months.  Miracle!

Does anyone ELSE follow the Pioneer Woman's blog???!!!  I have been keeping up with her for at least two years now, and it is AMAZING how far she has come!  So, if you know who I am talking about, you know that she is not some boring ole woman sitting in her cabin poking at a fire while preparing a pig for supper that she killed with her own two hands.  I know that this is the image most have in their head if they have never read about her, so I'm here to tell you that she is NOT at all like that, and she is AWESOME!!  Seriously, before getting married, I rarely cooked, but she has helped me out SO much!  Now, it's rare that we eat outside of the home.  (My favorties are her brisket, rolls, chocolate pie, orange muffins, lasagna, bacon-wrapped jalapeno thingies...I could go on.)  Her cookbook is wonderful too.  And, I just really think she is hilarious and has some great tips on her site, but probably the thing I love most about her is that she is super humble.  ANYWAY, I am not getting to the point!  Did you hear that she was contacted to make her love story into a MOVIE???  Possibly starring REESE WITHERSPOON??!!!  I am SO excited!!  Can you tell??

Anniston has been rolling, rolling, rolling lately!  So much fun.  We've had a lot of therapy recently, therefore, a lot of encouragement.  Sometimes I focus so much on what she is not doing that I miss out on all that she IS doing.  I am really trying to work on this because I know that I should be giving God ALL of the glory He alone deserves!  I have been seeing her right hand open TONS more lately!  It has been so much more relaxed, and she has even been making more of an effort to reach for things.  I would appreciate it if you guys would pray that she would continue to recognize that side more and more.  We're still working on strengthening the right side of her torso, but it truly is amazing how much stronger it has already become!  I see so much motivation in her eyes.  I know the Lord has placed that determination and strength in her, and for that, I am grateful!

She has been shaking her head "no" ALL the time!  It makes me want to laugh so hard because I know she doesn't know what she is doing (I don't think), but I realize that I probably do not need to overly encourage that motion!

Here she is sleeping with her daddy.  Part of me wants to stomp my feet and protest that I am NOT a very sentimental person, but my posts are not matching up these days!  Really though, one might think that I shed a tear watching Hallmark commercials (like my mom...love you, mom), but I can assure you that I RARELY cry.  I am almost as bad as Cameron Diaz in The Holiday.  Almost.  

The End.  I think.



10 comments:

misti said...

Sommer introduced me to the Pioneer Woman, and I am hooked! The cinnamon rolls...wowsa :)

judymysoulthirsts said...

LOL... Not sure where to start but I loved your blog! I do tear up at commercials and most everything... especially looking at Anniston's pictures and marveling at ALL God has done for her! The Pioneer Woman has some fantastic recipes! The cinnamon rolls are fantastic! I still don't know how she does everything! I hope they do make a movie about her... so I can find out her secret! :) I'm looking forward to seeing Anniston roll around and shake her head. lol Also, looking forward to seeing her sweet mommy! I miss you!

Love,
Mom "GG"

Brooklyn said...

Ha! Thanks for the shout out! After being gone sooo long, I do not even know where to start! Doing flips right now about seeing you next weekend!

Kristen T said...

OK, where do I begin. Thanks for sharing one of your favorite baby items. I will be sure to look for those! I don't believe you when you say you have not always been a good cook b/c if I remember correctly, you were one of the best cooks in our house (Carey being the other). I have heard of the Pioneer Women but never been to her blog. I will have to check her out. I need all the cooking help I can get! Glad to hear about Anniston's great progress! I can't wait to see you next weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am so rushed today that I can't say all that I want but i just had to say, LOVE the Pioneer Woman!

WOOHOO on rolling and strength!

Christi

Deb said...

Love the sleeping foto...and know what you mean about being busy but not being able to tell one thing I have done. And hey, what's wrong with crying at commercials? At&T used to do me in everytime! :/ It is an affliction!!

Lindsey Walpole said...

Lindz...I love you and your ramblings!

The McCormick Family said...

i have a new project for us. rolled hems. check out my latest post. i bet you will fall in love with the ruffles too!

Lydia & GT said...

I love PW tooooo! I have made quite a few things from her website and cookbook. Now, since I am on a diet, I cant make anything from her cookbook or site :( My husband sure was sad when I started this diet. I had no idea they might make it into a movie! I will go see it for sure!

WoodardFamily said...

I agree on the sensitive wipes! I have tried store brands to save a dime and it is NOT worth it! Pampers sensitive are best! Anniston's Easter pics are wonderful. She is an absolutely beautiful baby! Cant wait to see yall soon- hope this summer! XO