Thursday, April 22, 2010

gracyn's story




After receiving the diagnosis last year that Anniston had a heart defect, I was introduced to the song, "Healer", and listened to it nearly EVERY day until she was born.  

THEN, when we were in the hospital in June with our sweet, newborn baby, I was e-mailed this touching video of a precious little girl who had received a heart transplant two months before singing that very song to her church.

It. blessed. me.

I know the Lord sent this testimony to us at an appointed time in our journey, a time when encouragement was most needed.  Gracyn's story has affirmed me immensely since that day...  It felt like a promise that Anniston would be in Gracyn's shoes one day, sharing her story with a similar boldness.

As far as I know, Gracyn is doing absolutely wonderful now, but I just have not been able to get her out of my mind so I thought I'd share her video and ask you to say a prayer for her to have continued health!  This video has graced many a computer screen via facebook, but just in case you haven't heard it yet, I'd encourage you to take a few minutes to listen.  I bet it will bless you, too :).

To read more of Gracyn's story, you can visit her page here.

Oh, and thanks for the baby floatie ideas!

4 comments:

Sarah Wyland said...

I really just don't have words for this. Bless that little girl's heart. Thank you so much for sharing.

Short Southern Momma said...

My heart is melting! Oh my! Thanks for showing us this. Hope your having a wonderful day! xoxo

judymysoulthirsts said...

Tears feel my eyes every time I hear this song and see this sweet little girl singing. Thank You LORD for YOUR Healing POWER!! Thank YOU LORD for what you have done in Gracyn's life and Anniston's.

Love,
mom "GG"

Shelley said...

I used to follow Gracyn's caring bridge page! What a remarkable little girl! As is sweet baby Anniston!