Thursday, April 15, 2010

a little happy


So, I'm on the brighter side of a few down days.  I think it may have something to do with the anniversary of certain events approaching...  Memories have been triggered, and I have been weak.  I feel completely selfish for having those thoughts/feelings since I am super blessed with a healthy, strong, beautiful baby, but those have been my mullings just the same.  Obviously it has been the enemy, but I hate to even say that because I do not want to give him one iota of credit.  My God is faithful and loving, and He deserves more praise than I could EVER offer.  

Despite the fact that I have been a big, pouty baby lately, He, in his infinite mercy, lifted my spirits.

I know this may sound silly, but in the middle of my all-out pity party, I became the winner of an amazing giveaway!  Even though I am absolutely smitten with the necklace I won, my renewed joy had more to do with the fact that I could feel the Lord lifting my chin and saying "I am here.  I see you.  You are fine.  Now, here's a little happy to remind you."

I have NOTHING to be sad about.  For some reason, I allowed those thoughts to simmer, and I just became a mess.  That was NOT my God!  He is the one who holds me and reminds me of ALL that He has done.  He is the one who points at my little girl and says:  "See?"  

Get over yourself, lindsey.  

Okay, I'm done.

Now, on to the necklace!  I have been drooling over Lisa Leonard's jewelry for some time now, and I NEVER thought I would EVER win one of her pieces...much less my favorite!!!

My sweet friend, Katie (who has such a fun blog...check her out!), informed me of the giveaway at another awesome site, Somewhat Simple.  And, I won!!  Still can't believe it.  

Here it is in all it's glory:


family crest necklace



Impressive, no?  It's the family crest necklace, so mine will have an "M".  Seriously, go look at Lisa's work.  Now, please.



And, I heard you, God.  Thank you :).


6 comments:

Short Southern Momma said...

Ohmygosh....love the necklace! Congrats to you! Hope your feeling better! xoxo

Ashley Bray said...

Cute cute - I love Lisa Leonard's work and have been trying to win one. So jealous but it is a well deserved happy for you! Don't let the enemy get you down - he is not in control.

Kristen T said...

Congrats Lindsey!! I love her stuff too! I love you and I am thankful for all that God has done this past year with your sweet family. Your faith is an encouragement to us all!

judymysoulthirsts said...

I love you sweet young lady! ... I almost said "girl" instead of "lady" and then remembered how some still think you're a "young thing"! haha!! God is so good! He knows just what we need to cheer us up INSIDE and OUT! :)

Much Love!
mom

judymysoulthirsts said...

By "young thing" I meant teenager! haha!!

mom

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I really like that necklace! Also, I think it's so cool when God does something and you feel seen and heard by him! That is a great story:)