Sunday, April 11, 2010

nautical shower - sailor seth



Recently, I helped (with my sweet pal, Christina!) give a shower for our dear friend, Kristen!  Doesn't she look awesome?!!  Her precious little Seth is due in a month, and I cannot wait to meet him.  Kristen and I were roommates our senior year in college, and I can say firsthand that she is one amazing, loving lady who will make a fantastic mom...and her husband, daddy Seth, is pretty cool, too :).

Since baby Seth's room is decorated ever so cutely in a nautical theme, Christina and I decided to use that idea as the basis for the shower.  And oh my goodness, if I ever have a boy, this WILL be the theme for his room, too!  The possibilities are endless!  

I will give a few extra details about the shower in case there is a future nautical shower/party to come for any of you...

Our amazingly talented friend, Chelsi, designed these invitations, and I absolutely LOVED them.  She added clever lines such as "join us as we drench the parents with gifts", "the party will set sail at ...", and "captains of this voyage are Christina and Lindsey."  Adorable, I tell you!

Flags were cheap and easy to make with lollipop sticks and craft paper.  Wishing I had done a better job with the food signs...shouldn't be see-through. 

Anchor and sailboat sugar cookies.

"Batten down the quiches!"  These quiches from Sam's were delicious!  I think they came in a box in the frozen food section??


Food table set up.  Tablecloth from TJ Maxx with strip of burlap on top (already had these).  

Anchor sign was made with the same scrapbook paper as the cupcake flags...  Christina made the BEST coffee punch (decaf) that we named "Pirate's Potion".

You can buy these stickers from Office Depot, 300 for $13!  I have used them for my mom's birthday party, and I plan to use them for Anniston's with several left over, I'm sure.  $13 well spent!

Game time!  Christina came up with the cutest game where everyone split up into two groups and cut features from magazines to create a picture of what they thought little Seth would look like.  I wish I had a picture of the finished products...they were really good and oh so hilarious!  And, of course, the winning team won a bag of lifesavers.  (Banner made with scrapbook paper as well.)

Christina found some small, wooden wheels and anchors at Michaels craft store that we used as decorations for the banner and a necklace for Kristen.  Super adorable!

Good friends, good times.  I LOVE these girls and miss them more than I can say!  



19 comments:

The McCormick Family said...

what a cute party! I love all the details:)

Kristen T said...

You are so sweet, Lindsey! The shower was amazing! I'm so glad you shared the details of how you did everything. I am, once again, super impressed with you and Christina's creativity. Now, we just need Christina to share that recipe for the punch!!

Carey said...

First off I LOVED getting to see everyone! I just wish we could have hung out longer! Second, that was the cutest shower ever! Seriously looked like something straight out of a magazine! Sooo talented!

Amy Hogan said...

Everything is adorable! I wish I could have been there to see it in person...darn bed rest!

Pretty Party Studio said...

I saw your shower on Party Perfect! Congrats on such a beautiful day!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

That is a really cute idea! WOW!

Short Southern Momma said...

That was the cutest idea!! I wish I knew someone having a baby boy so I could pass this along! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

misti said...

Those are the BEST baby boy shower decorations I have ever seen! I need to bookmark this whole post for my baby friends!

Tegan and Tage said...

Adorable party. And quite a cute blog you have! :)

Lindsey Walpole said...

Lindsey...you and Christina did such a great job. I love all of yalls crafty ideas. Kristen looks precious as a mommy to be! Glad that yall had a great time! :)

momof3girls said...

such a cute party!!! I loved the custom stickers on the drink cups!!!

The Albritton's said...

girl...i mean, your post makes us look like people should pay us to throw showers! :) You are so creative and it was so fun to do it with you! I can't wait for Baby Seth to be here!

jenn koehler said...

Such a cute shower! Love the photos and the nautical theme!
Off the subject of the shower, could you share who or how you did your background for your blog?
Thank you so much for your time!

www.koehlerfamily4.blogspot.com

dkoehler1@nc.rr.com

~Jenn Koehler

judymysoulthirsts said...

What beautiful ladies!!! Kristen looks beautiful as ever and the shower details were wondeful! Both of you did a fantastic job!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

love,
mom

RNL said...

This is so completely adorable! I love everything about it, linking it to my blog ~ www.rivernorthlove.blogspot.com

The McCormick Family said...

you won the lisa leonard giveaway!!!

Scott Woodard said...

ADORABLE!!!!

abby @ tales and trials said...

I love all of the details of your shower! I only wished I had stumbled across your post sooner. I am hosting a nautical baby shower myself in a few days.

I have a question.... Did you do any party favors? I am at loss at what to do. I keep coming back to doing little favor bags with Swedish fish or lifesavers. Any ideas?

Brittany Renee said...

I stumbled across your blog via Pinterest. :o) Someone else much have liked what they saw as well. I was wondering, did you purchase the life saver that you had on the front door and just add his name? Or did you make it? If so, do you have a tutorial on here somewhere? I want to put something like it in my nautical nursery!