Friday, April 30, 2010

no pride here


Being a parent is humbling...can I get an amen??  

Anniston had some trouble with reflux/spitting up until she was about 5 or 6 months old and basically has not spit up since...UNTIL YESTERDAY.  We have been giving her a little bit of formula lately, and apparently the kind we tried out last night was not a keeper because she immediately gagged (because of the taste, I am assuming) and spewed her entire dinner all over herself and my lap, and it was like nothing I have ever seen...will spare you the details.  

No, it did not take place among the many hours I entertain her at home by myself, or even when it was just me and the handsome hubs with her at the end of the day.  

Nope.  It was when we had company.  Of course.

Since last night, she has wanted barely ANY milk in ANY form...smart girl.  Can't say I blame her.

She has also been acting different lately, and I cannot quite put my finger on what is up.  I really think she's fine, just a little unsettled.  Could be a tooth, but then again, we have been thinking surely one was making its appearance for MONTHS, and her gums have yet to unveil anything that even remotely resembles one.

And, it could be the type of formula we've been trying out...most likely, I presume.

God knew what He was doing when He made babies unable to speak perfect English from birth.  
If she would have just told me "mommy, that brand of formula smells funny, and I do not want to try it" or "mommy, I have an eyelash in my eye, and that's why I'm acting different", grief would have been avoided.  (Which, if it were an eyelash, I suppose she would be rubbing her eyes, but you get what I'm saying.)

Humbling, I tell you...

But, oh so worth it, as always :).


(**And, a Happy Birthday to my most amazing sister-in-law, Meg!!!**)

2 comments:

Kristin Stuart said...

Hey girl! You know GK had all those reflux problems and we just took her off her medicine. It was a struggle and so frustrating because you don't know what to do. We used a formula called Nutramigen. It is expensive, but worth EVERY penny because it was the only thing she could keep down. Now that we are on whole milk she has nothing to do with it. Frustrating again, but the doctor told us not to worry. In fact when GK was Anniston's age is when she stopped wanting her milk.

Lindsey Walpole said...

Lindsey...I know Im more than a few days late...but its the thought that counts....right... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most wonderful friend!