Monday, May 31, 2010

the day is approaching...


I cannot believe our little girl is going to be a YEAR old this Wednesday!...I am foreseeing a couple of reminiscent posts this week if I have the time (birthday party beckons)...for sure on the actual day.  

It seems just like yesterday (or exactly a year ago today) that Stan and I woke up, went to church, drove to Jackson, checked into our hotel, went to the Bass Pro shop to get his dad a gift, and ate dinner at Macaroni Grill where the sweetest lady was our waitress and wrote the nicest note on our receipt ("Congratulations!  It's a girl!")...she didn't know our hearts were heavy but strangely full of hope at the same time.  We then went back to our room, and I had the most difficult time getting to sleep, and staying asleep for that matter, because labor was beginning to make me nervous :).

I thought Anniston's birthday would be the next day, June 1st, but it wasn't...

Truth be told:  I don't want to write this on her birthday day post, so I will just say it here that looking back on the day she was born, it was the worst and the best day.  It was so hard waking up in a room with her apart from me and not having ever seen her.  If it weren't for her heart, I do not know if I would have believed she was mine.  I'm sorry, this is so incredibly selfish, but a mom is supposed to be the first person to see her baby...not the last.  But, it was the best day because I got to see her.  She looked perfect and so so sweet.  

I realize now that the day really was not too bad (perspective) and could have been infinitely worse...

I am overwhelmed because there is an abundance of gratefulness filling my heart right now.  At that time, I honestly knew deep down that she would still be here for her first birthday and many, many, many birthdays beyond, but that doesn't mean that there were not moments weak in faith along the way.  I look at her, and I am astounded at all that she has overcome, only with the Lord's power.  Shoot, Stan and I have been able to stand only because of His strength.  

Humbled is the word I am looking for...I am humbled knowing that this all could have turned out much different, and I am most humbled that God chose me and Stan to be Anniston's parents.  What an honor.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have tears.....

We serve such an amazing God!

Only b/c of Him....

Christi

Short Southern Momma said...

What a sweet post! Happy early birthday to your sweet girl! xoxo

misti said...

Happy birthweek to your precious baby girl!

Lora said...

Happy Birthday to another Ruston Girl -at heart!

jessie said...

happy birthday anniston!

abby @ tales and trials said...

I just went back and read all of your posts about Anniston last June. Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow! It seems like he definitely had his hand on Anniston and was taking care of her.

Happy birthday to little Ms. Anniston!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

What a beautiful post! His ways truly are better than our ways!

judymysoulthirsts said...

Kisses and Hugs to each one of you!! God is so amazing and full of POWER and STRENGTH when we need HIM the most! So thankful we know HIM. I love you Lindsey, you are one amazing mom!

Also, Happy Birthday's Eve to sweet Anniston!

Hurry to bed so tomorrow will come.
I'm so EXCITED, the cakes almost done!
The candles will be glowing as we add one more.
Oh, what a fun day we have in store!
Hold up your fingers...
Now, how old will you be?
Hold them up,
Now, let me see.
Yes, the streamers will be hanging, and the balloons will be blown...
All of your friends will arrive that you've known!
The twinkle in your eyes are such a blessing to me,
Thank you dear Lord for giving My Child to me!

(Written to Lindsey and Matthew Groll 1/30/1992 and passed down to my first grandchild 6/1/2010)

Love,
mom "GG"

Tiffany said...

What a sweet post. So many blessings, but God is ok that we share our true feelings and frustrations with Him. What a precious baby girl you have to show for it all though!