Saturday, June 26, 2010

first things first


Here are Anniston's first birthday party pictures!  It was such a sweet time with family and friends from our town.  {Wish we could have invited everyone!}

This is the invitation...with fake personal info, of course.  I wanted to incorporate hearts somehow {probably obvious why but will explain later} and cheesily came up with a tweet-heart theme...so we had a {hopefully subtle} compilation of birds and hearts.  People always said that I looked like tweety bird when I was little, and I have heard a couple of people say that about Anniston as well :).

Our dear kind friend, Lee Cave of C Studio, was so gracious to capture the majority of these pictures from her party, and I cannot thank him or his wonderful wife Christi enough!  I thought he did an AMAZING job, and it was SOOO nice to not have to worry about pulling out our cameras...and having these photos of family and friends on such a celebratory day is super-special!

It was difficult to choose just a few photos, so I tried to group some of them to hopefully reduce picture-overload :).

Anniston was VERY unsure of all of the people at first, but she warmed up after a bit :).



Setting the table...we also had some delicious sandwiches from a local bakery, spinach and artichoke dip, and some yummy fruit skewers that my mom put together {they were a hit!  People seem to eat hardly anything off of a fruit tray, but put a stick in it, and it becomes unique and desirable...go figure!}






Our close family members gave her some sweet gifts, but we asked everyone else to please consider donating to congenital heart defect research {an idea I copied from a friend} since it is the anniversary of Anniston's heart surgery...hence the "heart" part of the theme :).  

The response was wonderful, and if you would like to donate to CHD research, click here, and thank you in advance!!!  The Children's Heart Foundation website states that "in the last decade, death rates for congenital heart defects have declined by almost 30% due to advances made through research."  It's humbling to read the statistics, and we are just ever so grateful to have the life and love of this little girl everyday.  Every bit helps!!!

Speaking of gifts, she received this adorable chair from her Janjan and Pops, and her precious birthday outfit {along with some cool beach gifts} was from her GG and Grandpa.

She LOVED opening her presents {well, us helping her open her presents} so much more than I thought she would!

Case in point:
I cannot tell you how hilarious she was wearing these sunglasses from her beach package.  As soon as they were on her head, she got this confused look on her face and just looked around VERY slowly.  I won't try to describe anymore...just trust me that it was SO funny!



She also LOVED her little friends that came!  {Regret:  I didn't have much of anything for the kids to do...they were perfectly behaved, but I still wish I would have put more thought into an activity...}

But we did have Bag-O for the adults even though it was a bagillion degrees outside!








It's official:  Anniston loves cake!  We had so much fun enjoying this time with family and friends.  This day was a marker.  It marked the anniversary of a year of hardships, joys and all-out belly laughs.  It acknowledged a little girl who is a picture of health and the God who has had His hand upon her from the beginning.  It was a celebration for sure.

I just don't even know how to accurately pull out of my heart the sincere thankfulness that I have for all of you...all of you who have prayed for us faithfully from the start.  Here is your miracle...thank you :).


11 comments:

WoodardFamily said...

PRECIOUS!!! you are so talented. Love y'all!!

Sarah Wyland said...

Beautiful photos! Happy belated birthday to the birthday girl!

judymysoulthirsts said...

Tears and smiles are with me now as I remember this special day! We love this little bundle of Joy so much!!! We also loved your party... you did a wonderful job planning everything! The day was full of memeories which we will treasure forever!

Lots of Love,
mom "GG"

judymysoulthirsts said...

* memories

jessie said...

love it!! you did a great job!

Lulu in D.C. said...

What a wonderful party! The sunglasses are TOO cute!

Bonnie said...

Looks like she had a fabulous party! She is so cute & I love her outfit :) Hope she had a Happy 1st Birthday!

Deb said...

Oh my goodness what a celebration! Sooooo much to be thankful for....what a blessed little sweetie pie and everything looked just perfect.The pics are WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I am so impressed- cute party!!!

Lindsey Walpole said...

Looks like Anniston loved her party! The decorations were too cute Linds!

misti said...

So fun! I love all the pink gingham - everything looks so sweet! Including that pretty baby girl :)

P.S. I so enjoyed that you picked up on my Gilmore Girls reference!