Wednesday, June 2, 2010

happy happy birthday!!!


Oh sweet girl, for your mama to not be much of a crier, I definitely have a lump growing in my throat just thinking about you and how much you have blessed me and your daddy this year.  It has been an eventful march around the calendar, but we would not take any of it away because we have received the best gift:  you...and the gift of not taking one moment with you for granted.  I cherish every second spent with you and thank God for many more.  

His strength at work in you has been so evident these months...just look at how far you have come in exactly one year!...

Jesus has healed you, Anniston, and your daddy and I do not want you to ever forget what He has done for you.  You are our miracle baby, that is for sure!

You just have the sweetest little heart.  You always want to touch everyone with your soft, tickly fingers, and you look into our eyes with such love...you smile with your eyes, but it goes much deeper than that.  It's as though you want to somehow convey that you are giving us all of your love...all of your heart.  I wake up every morning excited to see your happy face and to get a wonderful, messy kiss on my cheek.  

Your daddy and I thank God every day for you and for the JOY that you have brought into our home!  We love you OH SO MUCH and wish you the HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY!!!!



The verse still rings true:  "The Lord WILL perfect what concerns us.  Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever!"  Psalm 138:8


Will share more details of our fun day asap :).

13 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Happy birthday, sweet girl!

jessie said...

she has the cutest lips ever (and the most adorable facial expressions)! happy birthday anniston!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet baby girl!

Christi

judymysoulthirsts said...

ok... this made "GG" cry. I love you Anniston! God has brought you so far this past year and He has brought us SO MUCH JOY in having you in our life! You make everything better!

HUGS, KISSES & MUCH LOVE to you on your special day!

Happy Birthday!
GG and Grandpa

The Albritton's said...

Linds! I can't believe that precious girl is one and I haven't gotten my hands around her yet! I went back and looked at all the pictures Meg has posted on facebook since she was born! You have such a fighter....I balled my eyes out!! I love you and hope her birthday was such a special day!

Emery Wilkerson said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Anniston!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lindsey, I teared up reading this post. Anniston is precious, and I can't wait until we can see her again. Happy first birthday, sweet Anniston!

Judith

jessie said...

hung out with meg tonight and she informed me that this sweet girls bday party wasn't until a later date. i'll expect a full recap post while you're at the BEACH!!

Pam Scott said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Anniston!

Dahlia said...

A little late I wanted to add my birthday wishes for precious Anniston! What a blessing each of you has been in the lives of those who love you! Thank you for sharing your heart so openly with us. I think about you at unexpected moments and am reminded again of how sufficient our Father is in all our needs. Hope it was a remarkable day!

Deb said...

Happy Birthday to Anniston...better late than never :). A year filled with angels!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lindsey...tell Stan to watch out! I was reading this birthday post with Sawyer in my lap. He saw Anniston's picture and just lit up. He started smiling and "talking" to her. He knows a pretty girl when he sees it! :) Happy Birthday, Anniston! See you Saturday! ~Melissa

WoodardFamily said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Love yall!!