Wednesday, July 7, 2010

the best gift!


It has been a loooong day, and I'm tired but could not resist sharing what a great day we have had!!!

Two big events of the day:



First...it is the hubs's birthday today!  Happy Birthday, Stan!!!  I will try not to be too sappy, but since last week was our Anniversary and the week before was Father's Day, I just want to say it right here at this opportune time that this man is the best husband and the most amazing dad.  He challenges and encourages me, and I wish you could see the admiration in his little girl's eyes.  I'll stop there for now :).  


Second...today was a BIG day for Anniston!  We had her first cardiology appointment since January today, and after an Echo and EKG, we were told that her heart is perfect.  The aorta is just as open as it was after her heart cath last October.  The gradient (difference in pressure going in and pressure leaving the aorta) was the exact same number (19...normal) as it was in January.  Dr. Shores said that this pretty much tells them that "the balloon (heart cath) was successful", and guess what??  She doesn't want to see Anniston for a WHOLE YEAR!!!  Yep.  We made the appointment today for July 6, 2011!  I could tell that she was literally in awe of how well Anniston is doing, but it really hit me when we were walking out and I heard her whisper to the resident who was with her:  "she looks SO good."  Yes.  She does.

Leading up to the appointment today, Stan and I were not worried at all.  I didn't dwell on it, and when I would think about going to see Dr. Shores, I would just get really excited because I could not wait for her and the other nurses and techs to see how well Anniston was doing.  Even after all of that peace covering our family, we still cannot help but be in awe and just filled to the rim with thankfulness.


A whole year.  Thank you, God....you do know the best birthday presents, don't you?


10 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

No kidding, thank you Lord! He is so wonderful!

Lindsey Walpole said...

yay for Anniston! That is such wonderful news! Not a bad bday present either!:)

Carey said...

What a testimony she has to be one year old! Praise God our healer! So glad that Stan had a fabulous birthday too!
We've been talking abt making a trip to jackson soon. I'll call if we do. Maybe that long overdue catch up might happen :)

Anonymous said...

I have been slacking in the comment area but I couldn't slack on this one.....

PRAISE THE LORD! What a great testimony to the power of prayer!

Christi

judymysoulthirsts said...

Tears of joy are filling my eyes at the AWESOME POWER of God! What a wonderful day! I SO enjoyed seeing both of you today too! I love you girls!

Have a blessed day!
Love,
Mom "GG"

Lois Lane II said...

That's wonderful news!! What a great summer for y'all!! =D

lindsey said...

Hi there! I hope this is not so weird to you, but I came across your blog and think it is so beautiful! I'm almost 4 months pregnant and am always searching for new mommy tips, etc. So I hope you don't mind me peeking into your life - (I feel like I should tell you, so I don't feel like such a creeper!!)
God bless you and your family.
xoxo Lindsey from Texas

jessie said...

awesome! so happy for yall!

Kristen T said...

Wow! Praise the Lord! That is so great!

Deb said...

Happy Birthday, Stan ....sorry I am late. What a wonderful birthday gift to be reassured Anniston's heart is healthy and doing what it was made to do!! Praise our Matchless and Glorious Jehovah Rapha!