Saturday, July 31, 2010

saturday mornings in our house...


...fairly often consist of us making these.  Healthy, no?

We found this recipe a few years ago on allrecipes, and it is one of our favorites!  The pancakes never fail to be super fluffy and delicious {unless you accidentally grab the baking soda instead of the baking powder...ew...I may or may not have made that mistake once}.  

And no, in case you were wondering, three of these thick flapjacks are not always consumed by yours truly :).

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Combine the dry ingredients and subsequently add the milk, egg, and butter.  Stir until just combined...do not over-mix.  Pour onto heated pan, flip, and serve!

*Sometimes I add a teaspoon of vanilla, sometimes I don't.  Yum in the tum either way. 


I may or may not have added chocolate chips to mine, too...


PS:  We saw Inception last night.  Ummm....gooood.  I'm usually a light-hearted chick flick/comedy kind of girl...but yep, this was good.  


6 comments:

Lora said...

I LOVE Allrecipes! Get the updates daily and try a new dish from there several times a week. LOVE experimenting! Will try the pancakes.

jessie said...

you put me to shame! poor olivia only get frozen pancakes/waffles. i need to do better!!

Kristen T said...

This just took me back to Pancake Parties!! Those were always fun!! I think about those often. Good times!!

lindsey said...

Okay, so I never comment on my own posts, but I feel like I need to tell Jessie and anyone else that I very OFTEN feed Anniston frozen pancakes! Only on some Saturday mornings do I actually make them from scratch! :)

And Kristen, How did I not mention Pancake Parties?!! Ah, fun times!! I keep trying to get the college girls here to carry on the tradition...will keep trying...

Lindsey Walpole said...

I remember those pancake parties! That is how I met so many friends. Another thing you can add besides vanilla is cinnamon. It sounds strange...but very delish! :)

askinner said...

Hey Lindsey! It's Ashley Wallace now Skinner. Just wanted to say hi to you and that you have a precious family! Miss you too sweet friend!