Thursday, August 12, 2010

uplifting appointment!


Anniston had an awesome neurology appointment yesterday, and I just had to share!  It was really only a routine check-up, but we had prayed for further encouragement, and encouragement is definitely what we received.  A super-nice resident saw her first, and he just kept saying what a "massive" stroke Anniston had.  When I tell people she had a stroke, I think most assume it was minor, but no...it was huge.  He said if an adult had the stroke she had, they would not be here...wow...humbling.  I haven't talked about her stroke much until lately because I think I've still been digesting it all.  It was so hard to believe.  That along with the seizures afterward was the hardest time.

We were actually the last people at the clinic to have an appointment yesterday, so he and Anniston's neurologist took us to their little station in the hallway to show us pictures again (us being me and my mom).  The pictures were taken during a CT scan shortly after her strokes (there was a smaller stroke on the right side of her brain, too, that they never talk about since it won't affect her).  The CT image just looks like a black and white picture of her brain with a large gray area over basically half of her brain, with that gray area being the stroke.  Anyway, the doctors just kept looking at us and saying that she is doing SO well, and they almost seemed like they couldn't believe the progress she has made.  We just have to give God all of the glory!!  She is truly a miracle.  

This was good for me.  I so often look at the mountain ahead of us that I forget just how far we have already been brought by our merciful Savior.  I cried almost half of the drive home just thinking about how blessed we are that she is doing so well and thanking God for sparing us from so many things that we may never know.  I realize that people have been through FAR worse, but just going through the trials we have been through, we absolutely could NOT have made it without Jesus's love and healing power.  If you do not have a relationship with Him, please pray and give Him your life...you will NOT regret it!!

Another highlight of yesterday's appointment was that we met the sweetest mom and her teenage daughter in the waiting room.  Taylor, the daughter, was a gorgeous 10th grader who had a very large stroke when she was three, but you would not even know.  It was amazing meeting them and hearing their story.  Seeing how well Taylor is doing affirmed me more than they probably know, and I look forward to keeping in touch with them!  If you are reading this, it was SO nice to meet you, Tammy and Taylor!  Thank you for sharing your amazing story with me :).


"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory in Christ Jesus forever and ever.  Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21


6 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Thanks for posting this update- it is so wonderful to hear how well she's doing and to see your journey with the Lord through all these times!

Anonymous said...

What an encouraging post! Yay for a good appointment! She truly is a living miracle!!! Sawyer and I missed y'all today! Hopefully we'll be back up and running next week! :)
Love,
Melissa

Kristen T said...

God is able to do more than we can even begin to think or ask for! I praise him for that! I love you and think you are amazing. Your little girl is such a miracle in so many ways!

Pam Scott said...

God has certainly placed you and Stan and all of your family on the front row as witnesses to his miracles, mercy, and grace that are clearly evident through Anniston's life. You are truly abundantly blessed and you have an amazing story to tell which you do so well through your blog and your lives lived out each day as a testimony of God's love through Jesus Christ.
Hugs to you all!
Pam Scott

Ashley S. said...

I am so happy to hear that all went well in Jackson! I look forward to keeping up with Anniston as she grows. Charlie and I loved our "beach" cookies. Thank you so much! I miss seeing her already.

Love,
Ashley S.

lindsey said...

'Our God is an Awesome God'
God Bless you Anniston and all of your family.