Wednesday, October 27, 2010

fall flair


Well, the fall decorations have been up for a little while now, and I must say that there is nothing quite like seeing visions of warty pumpkins everywhere I turn.

You should have been here a few weeks ago. Stan sent me picture after picture after picture to my phone of the coolest pumpkins and gourds from a nearby stand...I was SO excited. I picked out a few as best I could, and he came home with a pretty marvelous stash. He won major points.

So I pretty much just put these unique pumpkins all around the house and didn't do anything super special or creative, but I kind of like it that way: simple.

Almost all of the pumpkins pictured are real, but a few fake ones are interspersed throughout just to keep ya guessing.


I did wrap some twine around my wreaths to contain them a bit (they liked to attack people as they entered...not so nice) and just to change things up a little.


I heard about the coffee filter wreath below from my friend Shelley's blog, and my friend Ashlee and I made some of our own. So cheap, easy, and fun! Here is the link to the directions.



THIS is my FAVORITE pumpkin. All lumpy and curvy and fantastic.



I really have lit those candles a few times, even though it doesn't look like it...

THIS is my SECOND favorite pumpkin. What a pretty gray/green color, right?



The trusty wreath over the sink...makes me smile.


Those pumpkins are fake, fyi.

The end!

Just thought I'd add a recent picture from a pumpkin patch :). The picture is deceiving...Anniston was not very smiley that day, but I will still share some of the pouty pictures soon.


And, thank you for your ideas on what to do with my little wreaths...you guys are pretty creative! Will update on what I've decided asap!

This is really the end, promise.


11 comments:

misti said...

OK, I am going to need ALL of your decorations! These are so great! Are you sure you don't work for Pottery Barn?

And I love funky pumpkins, too :)

Penny said...

How pretty! I'm so sad I haven't decorated for fall this year. I just haven't gotten around to it. However, I plan to make it up plus some for Christmas!!!

jessie said...

love all your decorations!! and good job stan. major points scored!

Rachel said...

You should seriously start a decorating business! Your home looks like it's out of a magazine... so simple, relaxing, and elegant :o) Good job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lindsey I LOVE all the colors, lumps, warts and curves of the pumpkins and gourds you have scatterd all over your home! I hate I haven't seen them in person, but the pictures of your home look straight out of a Southern Living magazine!!! So pretty! I love the picture of you three two! You are blessed with such a beautiful family... inside and out!

Much love! See you soon!!!! :)
mom "GG"

Kristen T said...

Love it all!! Your house always looks like the magazines except way better! And I LOVE the family photo!

randi frazier anderson said...

I have total pumpkin envy. Could you come decorate my house too? :)

Anonymous said...

*too... not TWO! haha I didn't proof my last note before I sent it to you!

Oh, and Randi I have pumpkin envy too! :)

Love,
mom "GG"

Lindsey Lee said...

Please come to San Fran and decorate my apartment! You have a beautiful family!

Pam Scott said...

I love your decorations! Those pumpkins are so unusual and interesting looking. I really like them. My favorite thing is the family picture. Everyone looks so happy! Anniston is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.
Love and hugs,
Pam

Allenia Allen said...

WOW, your house and style are GORGEOUS! Love the simplicity of your decorations, but at the same time it is super elegant. OH and a major thank you for the coffee filter wreath link (you rock). Everything is beautiful...love you guys.