Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ideas?



So, I bought about twelve of these wreaths last year on sale for 49 cents each, knowing that I could put them to use somehow in decorating for fall (and maybe even all-year decorating?), but I'm having trouble deciding what to do with them!

My only two thoughts have been to a. use them as huge napkin rings on our dining room table {they're about 9 inches wide} or to b. cut some in half and some in thirds and arrange them in either a rustic-ish looking wreath or to frame a mirror in that manner...probably both silly ideas?

Any other suggestions?? Thanks!


Will post our not-so-perfect fall decorations next :).


7 comments:

jessie said...

well, i'm not the person to ask about this but i want to see what you end up doing!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could use them as frames and find some inexpensive fall prints to go in them? I like the mirror idea.

Ok, this may be SO dumb but hanging from something... ceiling, porch??? at different lengths with nice but different fall colored ribbons.

Christi
(i couldn't remember my password so i had to go anonymous) : )

Pam Scott said...

You could decorate them to use as candle rings for large sized candles. Or play a game with them where you would throw them and try to ring them around a pipe sticking up out of the ground! Stan might like this idea! Ha! :)

Lora said...

I see them with different color fall leaves on each one, in a different spot on them, totally different--but all fall leaves. Use the same color ribbon on each wreath. Then arrange them on one wall -perhaps above something-sideboard-etc in a dramatic display of Fall.

Anonymous said...

I remember you buying those! I can't wait to see what you make out of them! I'm sure it will be beautiful! :)


Love You,
mom

Rachel J. said...

Oooo... what if you had one wreath in the middle and then cut parts out of one wreath for each side so that they fit together (looks like they are kinda linked), then put a small pillar candle with leaves around it in the two side wreaths, and a large pillar candle with leaves around it in the center wreath? Make a candle, leaf, wreath centerpiece!! Ok... or maybe not :o) Could be too complicated. I'd love to see what you do decide, though!

Lynne said...

Love seeing all the pics- sorry I have been lax in talking but think about you daily- all our love Lynne and Lamar