Sunday, January 2, 2011

back in the saddle


Seriously, what is up with me? I guess it's being out of my routine with the holidays, recently moving, and the whole having extra help because of my broken arm thing that has gotten me out of regularly blogging, but I must say that I do miss you guys! :)

Yes we moved, as I have mentioned recently. We moved from our sweet, cozy town of Hattiesburg to a brand new place not too terribly far away...away from our friends we miss dearly and our amazing church... We visited a church this morning, and it just wasn't the same, but I know it takes time.

I wasn't really sure about H-burg when we first moved there. Stan and I were newly married, and it was our first time to truly be alone and to have to make friends together, which honestly felt like it took a while. But, eventually we found our groove and made the best of friends while learning to do life together, to depend only on each other and on God...it was the sweetest time. Our friends threw us an extra-special going away party and shared the kindest words with us in the weeks before we departed. If you are reading this, sweet friends, we will treasure you always and feel saddened but also blessed to continue our friendships with you from a distance :)...

And then there are the fond yet difficult memories of the beginning of Anniston's life with us there. The day we found out about her: excitement. The day we found out about her heart: tears. The months leading up to her birth and the months shortly after: struggles and joys. Many blessed days in our four years there. So thankful for every single one of them.

Now to a fresh new town in a fresh new year: the friends and the church will come, and we already are blessed with the nicest neighbors who bring us cookies and stop by to say hello. Will keep you guys updated on life here!

My eyes are closing as i type, and I feel like I'm not making much sense. Anyway, since I'm like two months behind on this thing and since I finally uploaded ALL of our MANY pictures, there should be some actual catching up occurring this week. Promise.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ...a little late.



4 comments:

syllatham said...

Hey Lindsey, its so good to see that you are doing so good. You have such a beautiful lil family. I love your blog and look forward to your up coming post. I go back to work tomorrow so I know what you mean about getting back in the saddle after all the holiday hoopla. Well look forward to read. Have a great day!
Sylvia

Kristen T said...

Yay! Welcome back! I can't wait to see/hear about what ya'll have been up to. I need to call you. I miss your sweet voice!

Penny said...

Oh my gosh, I've been out of the loop! I did not know about your arm! Hope this year brings even more joy to your wonderful family!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Happy New Year! Adam & I are getting ready for another big move during our marriage and, you're right, God provides friends and community and it's all gonna be fine!