Wednesday, April 20, 2011

today a toddler


Anniston took twenty-four steps tonight!!! Woohoo!!

Let me back up for my memory: After her intensive therapy, it took us about a week for her to take steps for us at home. I think she really needed rest and was also maybe wanting to practice a little bit of obstinance :). Well, we finally found our groove with what was working for her, and she started taking two to three steps at a time for us about two weeks ago. I remember her right hamstring being pretty tight (causing her to stand on her right toes and to be off balance), and then it seemed that all of a sudden several people had her on their hearts to pray, and I cannot tell you how loose her hamstring became at that point. For about the last week up until today, her record of independent steps was 6 to 8 steps at a time. I have been noticing a big change in her balance and weight shifting in her right side, and today at therapy, it seemed like she just wanted to almost run! All that to say, tonight when Stan came home, she started taking off!

I feel so thankful and so blessed. Thankful for the IMOT program and thankful for all of her therapists...obviously thankful for more than that, but I will stop there. I know this is not a life or death issue, but it still has been something that I have had to often give to God. Sometimes it seemed like it was just never going to happen, but I truly am thankful that this, along with other hurdles, has helped me to attempt to put things into a perspective other than the worldly one I am often inclined to heed.

Anniston is the most precious little girl, and I cannot tell you how much we have been enjoying her. God has given us so much more than we ever could have asked for in her, and I love her with a wonderful, nearly painful ache in my heart. I am beyond grateful for her sweet spirit and for the way that she loves others. As a friend in a similar situation told me recently, we are so blessed to have our babies stay babies longer than most. So true. Well, Anniston is officially almost two and completely a toddler as of today. No more my baby, but boy am I overjoyed to have this grown up little person, little girl, in front of me.

Okay, I'm finished being sappy.

We did not get a video of the MANY steps of the day, but I do have this one from last week when my mom was visiting. Thank you, mom, for all of your help :). Love you.





And, thank you sweet people for the prayers :).



12 comments:

Carey said...

WOW!!! What a huge Praise Report! That's awesome! Praising our Father for All His many blessings! Luv Yall!!! Hope you are feeling well :)

"GG"s Heart 2 Home Notes said...

To God be the glory for ALL HE has done!!! God is resurrecting her right side this Easter week as Selene Rea prophesied!!! A heart felt thanks to EVERYONE from Anniston's GG and Grandpa for ALL your prayers, Selene Rea's prophesy, IMOT therapy and faith in knowing God is a miracle working God in Anniston's life! Lindsey you are SO right in what a delight and joy this little sweetheart has been in our life! We love her so much! WOW! Is right!! We have a toddler NOW!! YAY God!!!

Lots of Love to you FOUR! :)
mom "GG"

jessica said...

Yaaaaaaaay!! I feel like a proud mommy! So excited for small and BIG blessings God gives us!

misti said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow :) Yayyy Anniston! That is so special!

Kristen T said...

Wow, Lindsey! Praising God for what He is doing in your family! Love y'all!

The McCormick Family said...

That video brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy to see all of the progress that she is making:) And it all seems to be happening so fast! Keep up the good work Anniston!

Melissa Read said...

Lindsey, that is WONDERFUL! I am so happy for sweet little Anniston! Our babies are growing up waaayyy too fast! Love you and miss you!
Melissa

javieralaves said...

This is a very nice blog, I really like it :)
Congratulations, great family

jewels said...

That is so awesome Lindsey! I love watching that video; how precious! Praying for your sweet family.

WoodardFamily said...

I thought I had already commented, but I cant stop watching these sweet steps! First steps are so amazing and bittersweet. We love yall!! XOXO

Hannah said...

Wow, so inspiring! I actually stumbled upon your blog and decided to read, I'm a Christian as well and find it quite encouraging in my young life to know that there are good people out there, as well as hope in God for my own troubles as well! So I just wanted to comment very inspiring even thouh I don't know your family personally :)

Beth Ann said...

So glad to see and read the good news! I just watched her walking video and through tears, clapped and said "Yaaaay, good girl!!" I know you are so proud of her. What a blessing.