Thursday, August 18, 2011

29 weeks!



Okay, so this picture was actually taken Sunday at 28.5 weeks :). Officially in the third trimester for a week now!

I already feel this guilt concerning Charlotte since I have not done an adequate job of documenting this pregnancy or just things about her in general...I know I shouldn't feel that way, but I do want to do better!

We already think she is such a sweet girl :). She is very active inside me, but I don't think her jabs are quite as strong as Anniston's were at this point. Don't get me wrong, Anniston is VERY sweet, but she is also VERY strong (more on that later). Charlotte is active when I am resting, as I guess most babies are, and I enjoy watching my stomach move around...lately 10pm has been a pretty "awake" time for her :).

I have felt great this pregnancy! I had a little more queasiness than I did with Anniston during the first trimester, but I never actually "got sick", so I know to be very grateful for that. I was tired the first several weeks and craved fruit and sour candy. Although I have gained weight steadily (those lbs just keep piling on!), I am gaining at exactly the same rate as I did with Anniston, so I am also grateful for that not being too different.

My body being different has not affected me too much...I do notice it more now when getting up off of the floor after playing with Anniston, but honestly I really feel good and like I can do most things. OH, but leg cramps have been a little more frequent this go-around...trying to load up on potassium and fluids. And, I had some heartburn pretty bad a few days ago, but then again, eating spicy food and chocolate chip cookies probably didn't help :).

I have been working on Charlotte's nursery and am excited! We are keeping Anniston in her crib for a while longer (for many reasons), so we bought a new crib for Charlotte. It was SO reasonable, and I LOVE it! I have been through all of Anniston's baby clothes and just need to wash them for Charlotte. OH, and I found a cute dresser on craigslist that I am going to paint.

Well, that is all of the Charlotte news that I can think of right now. We are so excited to meet you, sweet girl!




10 comments:

Kristen T said...

I can't tell you how excited I am to see this sweet picture of you! You look great!! Can't wait to see how you decorate the new nursery! Miss you!

misti said...

You are such a pretty pregnant mama!

I went through the leg cramps :( They would wake me up in the middle of the night. No fun!

I love reading baby updates!

Penny said...

Awww!! You're going to be such an awesome mama to those two sweet girls. They're lucky to have you and Stan as parents!

Brooklyn said...

You look beautiful!!!!

"GG"s Heart 2 Home Notes said...

Awe.... my beautiful daughter! I love you more than you can imagine! You are a wonderful mother too ... dad and I are very proud of you! Thanks for sharing all the sweet notes about Charlotte! I'm already in love with her as well!

Hugs,
Mom

Carey said...

You are definitely glowing my friend! Just beautiful as I am sure Charlotte will be too! I had leg cramps horribly with Carlisle and not really at all with Emerson. Maybe it's because we are chasing another child now? :)
I can't wait to see the nursery! We will be back in Jackson in a month or so. Maybe we will stop by :)
Love yall! and both your girls :)

Melissa Read said...

You are adorable! I just loved reading this post! I'll be catching up soon! About to enter the 2nd trimester. So far my weight is about the same as last time too, but my bump is already bigger. Ahh! I miss you!
Melissa

the Jennings secede from the South said...

You look beautiful! Don't worry about 2nd child guilt- just know that they will be so adoring of their big sibling and it'll be worth it, to them, to not be as documented!

Rachel said...

You are absolutely adorable! I can't believe how far along you are, too! What a beautiful little family you guys are going to have very soon :o) So excited!!

jewels said...

Gorgeous as always! And I love the name Charlotte, so pretty! Thanks for the updates =)