Tuesday, August 2, 2011

two things about me right now:



#1. I have had a MAJOR case of fall fever...it started at least a month ago, but I thought I would wait until August to share :). I don't think this has anything to do with me being pregnant in this crazy heat. It's just the way I am, but it started super early this year. I joined Pinterest about a month ago, and half of my pins are for fall and Christmas...

#2. I have had a MAJOR sweet tooth lately. There may or may not have been an incident involving generic fudge striped cookies yesterday. I confessed to Stan, and he was pretty appalled. Like, mouth hanging open appalled. I'd like to think that I have had my pregnancy "moment" and that now I can move on. Maybe? Surely.

Speaking of sweet tooth and fall (you will hopefully understand the fall part in a second), we made these Cinnamon Roll Pulls last Saturday for breakfast:



I was going to type out the recipe, but I figure you can just click on the link above, k? It was very good...definitely too much for our little family, but I can see it being served on a cool fall Saturday morning to company. I like the rustic presentation, and it is SO easy. The only change I would make would be to cut the cinnamon/sugar mixture maybe even in half. The recipe seemed to call for a little much, but maybe our loaf of bread was extra small or something, not sure. Just do it to taste, though. Also, I would make the butter and cinnamon/sugar mixtures the night before to save time the next morning. It's really fun to make if you decide to indulge!

(And, it is DEFINITELY an indulgence. NOT so much health food. Sorry!)





8 comments:

Kristen T said...

You crack me up! I want to know more about this fudge cookie episode! :) I have avoided Pinterest (or whatever it's called) b/c I don't need anything else to add to my internet addiction! lol That breakfast roll/cake thingy looks awesome! May have to try it!

The McCormick Family said...

That looks delicious! Can you send me a Pinterest invite? I have been checking them out for baby shower inspiration and am becoming obsessed!

Carey said...

I honestly thought yesterday, "Ok it's August and we will be harvesting soon, does that mean I can put my fall decor out?" HA! Like decorating would make it any less hot!
and don't feel bad about this cookie episode...I'm not pregnant & I seem to have them weekly :)
That breakfast looks downright Delish! I must try it :)

Ashley Bray said...

I absolutely love Pinterest and have been searching fall decorations also. I think it's just because I'm tired of the hot weather. Can't wait to try that sinful breakfast!

misti said...

Um...cinnamon bread? Fall? Girl after my own heart! :)

Penny said...

I am in love with Pinterest! Where are you? I'd love to follow you?

I need fall in my life. It's too hot right now. Just. Too. Hot.

WoodardFamily said...

I have serious serious fall fever!!

Lindsey Lee said...

I LOVE Pinterest!! How do I find you one there?! I love hearing about and watching your journey unfold as you blog. I miss you!