I have a couple of fall recipes to share! My friend, Kristen, is inspiring me...these are for you, girl!
This pasta salad was labeled a "harvest salad" in the September issue of Southern Living Magazine, so of course that caught my eye :)...anything resembling fall catches my eye, by the way. Just a tid-bit. Well, this pasta salad really hit the spot with me, and I cannot stop thinking about it! It definitely needs to be eaten within the first couple of days after being made because the dressing can become pretty strong after that. It is SO good...you need to try :). Oh, and even though it says to use half of the box of bow tie pasta, don't let that fool you...this makes a ton! Don't make it just for yourself...or do. Yes, do.
Broccoli, Grape, and Pasta Salad
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 8 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using tip of a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems, and finely chop stems.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add broccoli, hot cooked pasta, and grapes. Stir to coat. Cover and chill 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving...can be done ahead of time, though.
Okay, the next recipe (from allrecipes.com) I have made a couple of times now to pass out and for company, and they have been pretty popular. They are SO soft. I am a big pumpkin flavor fan, so if you're not, these may not be the cookies for you...but if so, bake on!
Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Also, I went to the doctor this week and have not progressed at all yet...odd because it was not at all that way with Anniston by this point, but I guess these girls are proving to be different already! 36 weeks today :).