Friday, February 10, 2012

chd awareness week





I am a little late posting this, but it is CHD awareness week :). I added Anniston's story to the "Faces of CHD" board on Pinterest. You can check it out for several inspiring and touching stories.

A quote from the Children's Heart Foundation website:

"Most people are unaware that Congenital Heart Defects (CHDs) are the most common birth defect in America, affecting approximately one in one hundred, or 40,000 newborns each year. CHDs are responsible for one third of all birth defect-related deaths and sadly 20 percent of children who make it through birth will not survive past their first birthday. Although a child is born every 15 minutes with a CHD, research continues to be grossly under-funded in America. Of every dollar the government spends on medical funding, only a fraction of a penny is directed toward congenital heart defect research."


We are so blessed with our healthy heart girl :).




(Baby C has RSV, so you can say a prayer for her...doing well. Thank you!)




2 comments:

Neil and Lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neil and Lara said...

Hey Lindsey,
My name is Lara. I found your blog and Anniston's story through the Faces of CHD on Pinterest. Just wanted to let you know I highlighted her on my daughter's blog in honor of CHD Awareness Week. It's my way of celebrating the week and sharing other's stories. I hope you don't mind. If you have questions or comments email me at mendingmylahsheartstrings{at}yahoo{dot}com and be sure to check out Anniston's post on my daughter Mylah's blog: www.mendingmylahsheartstrings.blogspot.com!
Thanks,
Lara