Monday, June 4, 2012

thankful




Okay, so this is a subject that I have wanted to revisit for a while now, but I knew it could probably get wordy and take me a while, so I put it off.  Anniston's speech.  I am still going to put off my long, detailed post for a few more days...maybe next week it will happen :), but I just want to say that true miracles are happening.

This little girl does not talk much; she is not putting two words together; her words do not always sound right; I have to coax words from her sometimes; and sometimes her words sound nothing like what she is trying to say. She has never called me mama or Stan daddy without being prompted (and, I'm not saying that to feel sorry for us or anything, because as much as it would warm our hearts, I just want her to keep saying anything at all.  I don't care what it is...make sense?)  It is coming though, and it is seriously such a miracle because she had only a few words just a few months ago.

She may not say much...

BUT I can hold up any letter of the alphabet, and she will tell me what it is (doesn't always sound perfect, but I can tell that she knows...sounds close enough).  She does get "M" and "N" confused though...they are both "M" ha.  I think she knows numbers 1-10, too, and every color and shape.  I can get her to point to any of these.  She understands everything so well, and sometimes because she cannot talk very well, I take for granted how much she really does know and is soaking up.  Just this little bit of speech that she has acquired has helped us to build on what she knows and to see just how much she really is "getting".

Today, we were putting together the puzzle above, and she did so well saying the letters and then putting them where they go.  (Thank you Janjan and Pops for the bday present. :))  I am just reminded of how very far she has come.  And, I am so thankful.




*There is much more to this subject, so another post will come soon.


3 comments:

Bente said...

Love to hear about Anniston's progress - I can see in her expression in your photos that she is fully aware of every situation. I cheer her on from afar!

Bente in Hertfordshire, U.K.

Brooklyn said...

Ahhh, I can only imagine how sweet that little voice of hers sounds. I can't wait to hear it!

Amanda Phillips said...

Oh my dear!!! I am loving catching up with your super sweet family. I miss you oh so much. Have a wonderful day, Old Friend!
Amanda (Jordan)Phillips