Thursday, September 27, 2012

three




Well, yes, it has been a while since A's birthday...don't judge :).  She had a good day and even woke up to a "3" shaped pancake that her daddy made.  I think in the picture after this one, she was crying...she was feeling a little overwhelmed by all of the love.  I love the cautious side of A and am thankful for that trait in many ways, but I am also grateful that she seems to be growing out of it a bit! :)  (Oh, and I just realized she was in a high chair on her third birthday...we sold our table and were waiting on the new one :).


Her party was on her actual birthday this year, so that was fun, but I do not know if I will do that again...I like being able to give them more attention on their special day!


This year, since "ice cream" is such a big thing to her (although the "ice cream" place that we frequent is actually yogurt...shhh), we decided on an ice cream shoppe/parlour theme.




 These are hamburger cookies (peanut butter cookies with brownie in the middle)...sugar overload.

 Ice cream sundae cupcakes



 Stan made milkshakes and even wore a diner hat...guess I didn't get a pic of that :).




A few friends from down the road came to the party.  The kids made ice cream cones out of balloons and party hats.  (Tied a string onto balloon and threaded through hole in hat.)  They decorated with stickers (sprinkles) and a red pom (cherry) on top.  I found this idea somewhere online but cannot remember where...



 They also decorated/wore diner hats.


 She was warming up :).  I love her sweet smile...



 The men guarded the grill...



Favors:  ice cream shoppe stickers from Michaels and ice cream bubbles from target.

 I love this girl immensely and am just overwhelmed by God's grace...thankful beyond belief that He gave her to us.




I hope I have time soon to tell you ALL that she is doing now.  It is almost unbelievable how God has opened her mouth to talk.  It feels like she has grown up so much even since this party.




3 comments:

Carey said...

Oh what a fun party!! I love all the details, just beautiful! It looks like A has gotten so tall! It's been too long since we've seen yall! We need a park day again :)

The McCormick Family said...

1. I have missed your posts. I suppose having two busy little girls is a good excuse for not blogging as often;)
2. Your girls are getting so big!
3. I love the party theme! And I also love frozen yogurt...
4. I believe you said at one point you were going to start a website to showcase/sell your art...I think that needs to happen.

Rachel said...

Oh Happy Late Birthday big girl! I can't believe she is already 3, Lindsey! Where has the time gone? Oh and what a sweet party you put together! You are such a creative inspiration to me. God has given you a wonderful talent :o)